Hey everyone, the trip was Amazing & I was happy to nail Fantastic weather the whole up until the very last night camping at the Mohican Center where my water bottles & filter froze solid. (hike was from 10/21-11/16 318 miles with 1 zero)

Just a follow up if anyone is going to finish, end in DWG or when passing through: I stayed 2 nights (max) at the Church of the Mountains Hostel, Super people!! Then I moved over to the DWG Clarion, the next day, I walk the 1/2 mile up the the Greyhound station and took that into NYC, caught another bus to the Newark airport.

A few recommendations for those coming through DWG, put it on your list to make reservations at the Deerhead Inn for the music (and dinner if desired, heck you can even stay there if you want?)!! It is the oldest continuously operating Jazz Club in the nation. www.deerheadinn.com

Secondly, stroll @ 1 mile out of town past the Clarion & visitors center, is a must hit, the iconic Minisink Hotel an old stage coach building in a beautiful creekside setting, no link, they are only on FB. Great Food, Great drinks, and Great Atmosphere!

A little about the hike and planning: It was incredible, I flew from Cincy to Albany on 10/20 took a bus to Bennington, walked the 1/2 mile to the Catamont Motel where Pete the owner is Super Hiker friendly and offers shuttles to and from the trailhead. Then I jumped right into the Crayola box of colors and Super weather (65-low 70's high mid 40's-low 50's night)!! I did note that the NY section was way more rockier than I had expected, they did not miss a rock wall in their route planning. I took one zero at Maria's in Salisbury, CT. 93 year old trail angel. I saw several flip-floppers and a few lashers like myself and enjoyed some of the iconic shelters/ camps like Father Tom's, RHP shelter. and the "secret shelter" where I spent the whole afternoon waiting out the rain.

Thanks again everyone for your input!! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!