WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Darn Tough Factory Sale 2022

Anyone see if Darn Tough is having the factory sale this year? It was canceled due to covid two years in row. I have done the usual searches and nothing comes up. This is typical, they really do not normally need to advertise it as half the population of VT seems to show up My inventory is getting a bit low.

For those who have not been to one, literally thousands of folks will go through the sale. Socks are usually half off or more with special deals on seconds. They make socks for the military and usually sell bags of six pairs of seconds for far more than 50% off. My favorite winter socks model 14050 usually end up in the bins. For the ultra bargain hunters, they have a table of un matched single socks for cheap but its literally a surrounded by folks grabbing the as they dump them out in crates. There will be lines sometimes hours long so dress warm but the folks in line are usually locals in a great mood and this is a warm up to the holiday season. Its usually the first weekend of Vermont regular deer season. The founder picked that date as he figured that that meant plenty of spouses looking to get out of the house while hubby was hunting.

The one tradeoff with the factory sale is the lifetime guarantee is not valid. 10% off for anyone order over $100 and for most folks it is not a problem buying $100 worth even at half price of less. If someone is true vermonter odds are they get Darn Tough socks for Christmas.

I am a regular! Cabot Hosiery usually advertises the sale after Halloween. It is held two week-ends in mid November -- Deer Widows' Weekend. If I see it advertised, I'll post on WB.

I got my first two pairs of Darned Tough socks in April, just before my May section in Virginia. A+

No more sock worries. They are awesome. I'll wear them out eventually. Then I'll replace them (or add to them sooner, as the budget allows). They are expensive but worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by rubyvermonter View Post
    I am a regular! Cabot Hosiery usually advertises the sale after Halloween. It is held two week-ends in mid November -- Deer Widows' Weekend. If I see it advertised, I'll post on WB.
    Thanks, I wonder if they are going to switch over to the old mill building they bought in town compared to the manufacturing plant.

Bummer https://vtdigger.org/news-brief/darn...year-in-a-row/

Could be Covid but wondering if after the founder got out of the business if the new management is less enthusiastic about the sale?. They did make changes the year after the founder stepped out, like pulling the warranty on the seconds. I still have some inventory.

Images
    .....Someday, like many others who joined WB in the early years, I may dry up and dissapear....

++ New Posts ++