WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default AT Lodge in Millinocket under new ownership.

The first stop for SoBos, and the last stop for Nobos! The AT Lodge in Millinocket has a new name, new owners, and a new website!
    The Appalachian Trail Hostel and Outfitters.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

The lodge had ended up owning the AT Cafe. No mention on the website so is it now a separate business? Of all the AT business opportunities on the AT that is probably one of the best and I even wonder if it can break even?

The cafe split off afew years back. A relationship remains, with SoBos still getting fed before their shuttle into the Park.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

The AT Lodge was a great experience for me when I was there in 2014; Ol' Man and Navigator ran a fantastic (and pristine) place. I do hope their sale was for a well-earned retirement.

I wish the very best of good luck to the new owners! I really can't wait to go back to Maine, BSP, and Millinocket -- loved all of it. The AT was just a bonus!
    fortis fortuna adjuvat

Quote Originally Posted by TwoSpirits View Post
    The AT Lodge was a great experience for me when I was there in 2014; Ol' Man and Navigator ran a fantastic (and pristine) place. I do hope their sale was for a well-earned retirement.

I wish the very best of good luck to the new owners! I really can't wait to go back to Maine, BSP, and Millinocket -- loved all of it. The AT was just a bonus!
    Great that you want to head back, so many through hikers are in rush to get done and miss out on the best parts of BSP. Plan a week up there.

Quote Originally Posted by peakbagger View Post
    Great that you want to head back, so many through hikers are in rush to get done and miss out on the best parts of BSP. Plan a week up there.
    Agreed. Another reason why through hiking is overrated. At that point, in the Best state the only things on their mind are 1. Finishing date, and 2. What they are going to eat next.

++ New Posts ++