WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

How many steps was the 9/11 challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by JNI64 View Post
    You was recovering from covid for 2 years?
    Getting out there meaning the woods away from people should have been the safest option, yes?
    Spent 8 days in the hospital...really close to going on a vent. Bad pneumonia. My normal o2 became 94 on a good day. Couldn't walk 100 yards without resting. Lost a ton of muscle mass. Long haul covid. I did not like the sound of that.

So...started a diet and exercise plan back in June. 53lbs down. o2 back to 98 99. Running. Stair stepping. Lifting.

Ready to go, now!

Hell yeah. No tomorrow is promised! Go!

Glad to see you were able to survive this very serious illness! Long term effects of Covid can be very difficult to get past, "Long Haulers" have reported a variety of problems with heart, lungs, brain, and auto-immune issues that last for very long periods of time, some people have long haul symptoms that last for many years.

I cannot imagine how you were able to get out even on a limited basis to hike, though I suspect that drive proved to be invaluable as a motivation. Good job!

That's awesome good for ya!! I have found keeping a good workout schedule to be very valuable as I age and eating healthy for the most part. Kinda like the fountain of youth, right? Now go get em tiger

Journal Entries

My last hike was 2019, came home to new stories about some "Chinese virus". It was a good hike though. Since then a lot has happened, I won't bore you with details but two things of note. I need to get back into shape and hiking is hard. two, I moved 30 minutes closer to the Pinoti so It's time to get back at it.

Same here. Hiking parking lot are full. Waiting will bring more hikers out. Watch, you'll see. Happy New Year.

Journal Entries
    Images

I need to get my broken feet back on the trail. I have never hiked the whole AT yet. I lived on it between 2000-03 while hiking back and forth and "yellow blazing" until I rode into Maine and then hiked 1/2 of the 100 mile wilderness. After Maine, I headed south hiking the same way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++