WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Corkscrew

Default Corkscrew

So I enjoy a nice wine from time to time. Is it worth carrying a corkscrew if I find a bottle to enjoy in town? There are some nice screw on caps too but Boy Scout motto is always be prepared.

EC9D1584-8473-459B-A44D-BB23DD867426.jpeg

Well I'll give the first yes you should carry the multi purpose Leatherman juice so you can enjoy your juice:-)
    I used to carry a corn Cobb pipe:-)

The Leatherman Juice CS3 tool is 84mm (3 1/4") long, 22mm (7/8") wide, and 11mm (1/2") thick. It weighs about 40 grams (1.4 oz).The Leatherman Juice CS3 knife contains the following tools: Combo Bottle/Can Opener, Scissors, Corkscrew

The Victorinox Waiter knife is 84mm (3¼") long, 24.5mm (.96") wide, and 11.5mm (.45") thick. It weighs about 36.2 grams (1.3 oz).The Victorinox Waiter knife contains the following tools: Medium Blade, Combo Bottle/Can Opener with Screwdriver Tip, Corkscrew, Toothpick, Tweezers, Key Ring. Plus one can add a glasses screwdriver to the corkscrew.

Go for it. Just pack out any empties you carry on the trail.

Worth mentioning, the cork screws on my Vic Waiter is my go-to for loosening stuck knots. It’s the best tool in my house for that, especially my nylon strap dog leash, which seems to knot weekly and the dog will immediately pull out crazily tight.

Screw top bottles. There are many fine New Zealand wines and many come with screw tops.

Crap,and here I am using a tent stake to push the cork into the bottle...

Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water.
    W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by flatcatgear View Post
    Screw top bottles. There are many fine New Zealand wines and many come with screw tops.

Snooty man 11212022.jpeg

Screw tops! How gauche!

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

Crap, and here I am using a tent stake to push the cork into the bottle...
    And here I had to buy a corkscrew in Rangeley to go with my bottle of wine for the trail. I had to hump that corkscrew over
    Saddleback, out to Abraham, up to Sugarloaf, and over S. Brother before I could dump it in Stratton.

++ New Posts ++