WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I don't remember all their names, but I looked in on a few of the shelters we didn't stay at. One new one blew me away. Two story log cabin.. not a half loft accessed by a ladder, but a rear stairwell to get upstairs!
    Apparently it was full the previous night, and someone was hogging the main part with a tent inside the shelter.

Overall, I'll say the Potomac AT Club seem to be amazingly well funded and not short on volunteers! Great section.

Quote Originally Posted by MtDoraDave View Post
    I don't remember all their names, but I looked in on a few of the shelters we didn't stay at. One new one blew me away. Two story log cabin.. not a half loft accessed by a ladder, but a rear stairwell to get upstairs!
    Apparently it was full the previous night, and someone was hogging the main part with a tent inside the shelter.

Overall, I'll say the Potomac AT Club seem to be amazingly well funded and not short on volunteers! Great section.
    That would be the Ravens Rock shelter I think they built that in 2010 to replace the Devils Race Course shelter. Yes RR shelter is awesome I did a hike through there when it was just 2 years old.

I stayed at the old Devils Race Course shelter my very first section hike and I was the moron that put his tent up in the shelter. But I honestly didn't know until a through hiker came by and gave me the protocol and agreed to take it down if anyone else came by.

++ New Posts ++