Well here I am!

Never hiked out west

I have dates!!! April 14th start date

I know I have to have a permit for NM

Looks like Tucson is 20 miles closer to Lordsburg than El Paso however El Paso is a good bit cheaper

Getting from either airport to Lordsburg....I am assuming that a 150 Mile shuttle from airport to Lordsburg is going to be at least $200....+ $200 to return to airport at end of trip...So I am thinking a car rental and let it sit for the week in Lordsburg isn't that bad of an idea...I did this in Maine for a 1 trip, 2 different sections and it worked out well.

CDT shuttle from Lordsburg to Crazy Cook understood, waiting on 2023 schedule/ bookings to open

Question 1: about mileage expectations....I am thinking 20 mpd average for the first trip will be a good ballpark? 105 ish miles for the trip, and if I get to Lordsburg several days early I can shuttle my car further up trail and hike to it, then directly back to the airport

Question 2: Suggestion on a quilt rating? I am thinking a 30-40 in April, matched with my puffy.

Question 3: Gloves, beanie, base layer, fleece....any of that needed? I'p thinking no

Question 4: Gore-Tex not needed correct? No rain pants, and just a windbreaker/ waterproof running jacket?

Question 5: Anticipated water capacity? 4 Liters? 2 Liters?

Please provide your inputs it is greatly appreciated!