WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default What Tarp ridgeline/ bear bag line???

What Tarp ridgeline/ bear bag line???

Wish I wasn't so carefree with my last old stretch of cordage i picked up at a shop along a trail some years back. And
    What are some of the new moderately priced and sized space saving and lighter weight lines hikers are useing these days?
    And some older tried and true lines.
    Paracords I have used just bunch up too much, and am looking for a touch more lighter and space saving.

Journeyman Journeyer
    Images

Check out https://www.lawsonequipment.com/ for our cordage needs.

for a ridge line i use 3/16" paracord. zipline for the bear bag.

Kelty Triptease for securing my tarp, and something cheap for bear bagging in case it gets stuck in the tree.
    Hot water, hot ramen, burning alcohol, all in my lap

I've been using a spool of arborist throwline for years. It doesn't get caught on bark or tangle easily and holds a knot really well plus its super strong and doesn't stretch.

I purchased a lot of cordage and climbing rope from Wesspur, they have a rather large selection and inventory of different cordage and rope they might have what you're looking for. I hope you find something that suits your needs.
    Termite fart so much they are responsible for 3% of global methane emissions.

I use Dutchware Stingerz and Zing-It line spliced to the hook for my tarp. Have a Dutch Hook on the other end. Quick setup even with cold fingers and does not tangle. Packs small. I just bought the hardware and line and spliced my own.

https://dutchwaregear.com/product/stingerz/

Stingerz – 3.4 grams each, you won’t notice these on your ridgeline… Same easy connection as the tarp Flyz using 1.75 hollow braid line combined with a mini titanium carabiner so you can freely move your ridgeline. We sell them individually so you can build a continuous ridgeline with a Dutch Hook on the other end. Made from titanium. Made in the USA. We can splice the Stingers on 12ft (finished length) of 1.75mm Zing-It!™, Lash-It™, or Reflect It with the locked brummel through the small attachment hole on the end of the Stringerz and back splice the other end so they are easy to install, can never come off, has a professional finished look.

Dutch_Stingerz.jpg
    dutchstingers1.jpg

Images

Just in my local journeys, I'm liking the familiar looks of 3mm..
    Rei's 50' hank looked nice, but I might go with a sheet bend of a walmrt braided dbl length.

Images

Though I do appreciate all of the input, will check into all and hope I find as good ad or better than that old line. I believe I believe ,approximately 3mm is ideal.

Default Try this…

Quote Originally Posted by petedelisio View Post
    What Tarp ridgeline/ bear bag line???

Wish I wasn't so carefree with my last old stretch of cordage i picked up at a shop along a trail some years back. And
    What are some of the new moderately priced and sized space saving and lighter weight lines hikers are useing these days?
    And some older tried and true lines.
    Paracords I have used just bunch up too much, and am looking for a touch more lighter and space saving.
    Try the Loop Alien Titanium Ridgeline.

https://loopalien.com/products/titan...uous-ridgeline

I have been using pre cut lengths of Amsteel cord for my tarp dodge line.

For some reason I am not allowed to edit my previous post to change “tarp dodge line” to “tarp ridge line”. Old fingers on a tiny keyboard. ��

Quote Originally Posted by Knocky View Post
    For some reason I am not allowed to edit my previous post to change “tarp dodge line” to “tarp ridge line”. Old fingers on a tiny keyboard. ��
    I think only donating members can edit posts.

++ New Posts ++