WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Georgia blue mnt area water?

Not sure where to post this.

Wondering if the seasonal springs before the blue mountain shelter are running? The one at mile 49.4 and then Nbound before the shelter. Anyone been through there lately?

With all the rain we’ve had last few weeks Im hopeful they are flowing a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Georgia has had a ton of rain and more coming, and the water source for Blue Mountain Shelter is reliable even when it's been pretty dry. There should be abundant water anywhere, everywhere on the AT in Georgia, and certainly that supplies that shelter.

even a month ago when it was super dry, the chattahoochee gap spring was running.

Thanks for the feedback yall. Im figuring the springs in question will have something after all the rain, just wondering if anyone had actual eyes on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Georgia AT club posts a water report on their website. it looks like the most recent is a couple months old though.

https://www.georgia-atclub.org/hike-the-a-t/hike-the-georgia-appalachian-trail/water-sources-availability

Cool website. Thanks for that Yall have a great weekend!

It seems that one must be a Georgian to post in this thread.

Years ago, somebody told me to pay attention when people from the South tell you where they're from. They'll say, "Birmingham" or "Lakeland" or "Aiken." But he said that Georgians always, always add the state: "Athens, Georgia." "Rome, Georgia." "Albany, Georgia." So I paid attention and discovered that he is right.

Yep, you nailed it. Grew up in Ringgold, GA and Georgians seem to always add the state when asked.

++ New Posts ++