WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by JNI64 View Post
    Apologies if I went to far just trying to make a or
    I think it's awesome the love and respect you'll share!
    Carry on folks help this lady out please!
    No worries! I love the joking.
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

This has been a good thread for me, good luck with your trek, and I hope you are able to report back how this aspect of it went.

My wife has offered to provide similar support, we have a Sprinter based class B. We have discussed trying a shorter dry run, maybe the SC foothills trail at around 10 days, to see how it goes, how easily we can link up, etc. I imagine every 3 or so days would be fine as the hiker, minimizing food carry, but i want her to have fun exploring too, like Acadia while I’m in the 100 mile wilderness, etc. We’ve talked about my taking a less busy route, flip flop or sobo, so that she might find camping and access more easily. Vehicle issues are a great point. Also, the support person has to do most of the dumping, refueling, etc and that may get old, I don’t know. No way to tell without trying it I guess, easy to over analyze.

Quote Originally Posted by Mfturner View Post
    This has been a good thread for me, good luck with your trek, and I hope you are able to report back how this aspect of it went.

My wife has offered to provide similar support, we have a Sprinter based class B. We have discussed trying a shorter dry run, maybe the SC foothills trail at around 10 days, to see how it goes, how easily we can link up, etc. I imagine every 3 or so days would be fine as the hiker, minimizing food carry, but i want her to have fun exploring too, like Acadia while I’m in the 100 mile wilderness, etc. We’ve talked about my taking a less busy route, flip flop or sobo, so that she might find camping and access more easily. Vehicle issues are a great point. Also, the support person has to do most of the dumping, refueling, etc and that may get old, I don’t know. No way to tell without trying it I guess, easy to over analyze.
    For us we are planning on him being in a FHU campground until we are near friends who have offered up their driveways. One has a FHU but the other does not. And I really have to see if those are good places for us logistically. I don't want to get "drawn out" of hiking to hang with friends too much. And we won't be meeting up as often as every 3 days. My backpacking meals I make and freeze dry allow me to carry 7 days of food easily. And we will probably still utilize maildrops so that resupply isn't dependent on us meeting up. And while we haven't figured it out yet we will likely have times when 2-3 weeks go by between getting to see each other.

A class B is SO MUCH EASIER to park than a 35' skoolie!
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++