WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

1,630 miles and counting earlyriser26's Avatar
    Images

Default Parking at 519 just north of High Point shelter?

I see conflicting info on the parking situation on rt 519, just north of High point shelter in NJ. Is there parking here or close by?
    There are so many miles and so many mountains between here and there that it is hardly worth thinking about

If I wanted to hike on the AT in or near High Point, NJ I would use the nice and decently large AT hiker parking lot off of Rt23 just south of the High Point State Park HQ. I believe they prefer you to check in with them at the HQ if you are leaving your vehicle at that parking lot overnight.

As for where the AT crosses 519, if there is parking there, I believe it's just a small dirt pull out off the road. I assume you are familiar already with the Rohland AT parking website. I use that website and google maps street view when checking out possible parking.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful and definitive about the 519 parking situation but hopefully this reply is still helpful.
    AT Flip Flop (HF to ME, HF to GA) Thru Hike 2023; LT End-to-Ender 2017; NH 48/48 2015-2021; 21 of 159usForests.com

1,630 miles and counting earlyriser26's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by somers515 View Post
    If I wanted to hike on the AT in or near High Point, NJ I would use the nice and decently large AT hiker parking lot off of Rt23 just south of the High Point State Park HQ. I believe they prefer you to check in with them at the HQ if you are leaving your vehicle at that parking lot overnight.

As for where the AT crosses 519, if there is parking there, I believe it's just a small dirt pull out off the road. I assume you are familiar already with the Rohland AT parking website. I use that website and google maps street view when checking out possible parking.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful and definitive about the 519 parking situation but hopefully this reply is still helpful.
    Trying not to re-hike from high point. Doing a fill in section hike. I guess I will just have to just go and see. Thanks for the reply.
    There are so many miles and so many mountains between here and there that it is hardly worth thinking about

++ New Posts ++