WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default FS: Tarptent Notch, Rainbow; Terra Nova Laser Competitiion 1

It's time to lighten my load, these will be up here for a few weeks then if stuff doesn't sell I'll post it on ebay. It's time for someone else to take advantage of these things I think.

Any one item has $15 dollar shipping, only in continental USA, sorry.

I also have a BSR titanium cannister stove ($10), 26 grams, this one isn't worth shipping alone but if you want it, add it to anther item you get. I"ll post another thread for all my old MSR stove gear (XGK, Whisperlite, 1st gen rapidfire remote cannister stove) no complete pump, just parts, fuel bottles wind screens, etc), which I want to sell all in one bunch. If you're interested in those, let me know and I'll post details, those I think I want to try to get $75 for everything. I also have some alcohol stoves I experimented with before settling on the canister hoop stove design. I'll toss those in with any order for a token $5.

All tents have been taken care of, always used milar ground sheet with them, and dried them thoroughly after each trip. They may have some trail dirt on them, but that's it. All are in good condition. The ground sheets are cut roughly to fit the inner of the tent.

Tarptent Rainbow (solo) - $115 - This is the original version of the tent, from around 2009 I think. I've used it a bit, maybe a month total since I got it used. If you've never been in one of these, they are HUGE inside. No stakes included on this one. Tent + stuff sack + milar ground cover: 28.7 oz, pole 8.75 oz. Note that it includes an extra carbon fiber cross pole, along with the original aluminum one.

Tarptent Notch (solo) - $200 - Used probably 1 month I'd say give or take. Includes original tarptent stakes, stuff sack, tent, ground cover. 30.15 oz for all of it. This tent is super easy to setup, takes a few minutes max. Note I always used shepherds hook stakes with this one, using 2 long ones in x pattern for sandy soil and I never had any issues with stakes pulling up.

Terra Nova Laser Competition 1 ($180 obo within reason) - I got this 2010 and used it one night, but found setup a bit too fiddly for my taste. This has the best inner I've ever seen in any tent, and I was tempted to use the inner for another tent making project but I never got around to it. 34.6 oz, including cross hoop pole and end short poles, and those silly tiny titanium stakes they included. This is essentially a new tent. You'd want to use normal sized stakes for most of the points on this one. It also has a cuben fiber pole cover I made along with the nylon one it came with.

Let me know if you have any questions, thanks for looking
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Harald Hope; 10-24-2023 at 18:47.

I'm probably going to start pulling these one by one and posting them on ebay, but if you are watching and are thinking about it, I suggest acting, otherwise probably by next week or so I'll start removing these.

I've been thinking of picking up another Tarptent, either Notch or Moment DW
    Tarptent has a sale the month of November
    the Notch with polyester fly is on sale for $207.20

https://www.tarptent.com/product/notch/#tab-id-2

I just saw this. Any chance you still have the Rainbow?

Yes, it's still here, never listed them on ebay. I responded to your email, if you didn't get it, check your junk mail.

Harald, thanks for getting back to me. I eventually decided a new Lunar Solo was my best bet.

is the TT Rainbow still available?

Yes, I've been very lazy about selling these. Everything is still available, figured I'd wait til spring, which is now, and try again.

Price drop on the Notch, down to $175, and on the Terra Nova, down to $150. Or reasonable best offers for any of the stuff.
    Last edited by Harald Hope; 03-14-2024 at 13:48.

Rainbow is sold.

++ New Posts ++