WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Shuttle with child- Georgia

Good Morning,

Daughter (4yo) and I hiking Neels Gap to Wolf Laurel next April (24). Id like to go all the way to Tesnatee Gap Trailhead, instead of doing out and back. Does anyone know of a shuttle service in the area who will transport kids/has a car seat?

Thanks!

How far is that? Just take your 4yo with you!!

I’m sure someone will take your kid. But, someone will take your kid without you?!

Default Shuttle with child- Georgia

Wolf Laurel is just above Tesnatee Gap so I don't think the OP is asking someone to take her child without her.

Quote Originally Posted by chknfngrs View Post
    How far is that? Just take your 4yo with you!!
    Instead of doing a loop and returning to their vehicle they want to go from point A to point B so will need a shuttle driver to transport the parent and child along with potentially having a car seat for the four year old.

To the OP, if unable to find a shuttler with the car seat, you could potentially use yours and arrange for the shuttler to return the seat to your vehicle. Another option might be to have the shuttler drive your vehicle, drop you off, then return the vehicle to your ending point.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Gotcha!!! Makes SO much more sense now

The least stressful option may be to bring a second booster seat and just leave it with the shuttle driver. Or call them and they may already have one from somebody else in the same situation. Georgia just requires a booster seat for a 4 year old, not a full car seat. Whether you're comfortable with the booster alone, that's your call. But you can get a Graco booster at Walmart for 30 bucks or something.

Exactly- thank you. She's going with me- of course Im not leaving her with some rando. The seat idea is a great idea- thanks!

Thanks- that's a good idea too. She's in a big, convertible seat now, but Id be fine with her in a booster for a quick trip. Thanks!

She would be WITH me. No way Im leaving her with some rando.

I am- the transport logistics is what Im trying to work out.

I am sorry for misunderstanding your needs.

I am sorry for misunderstanding your needs.
    no problem. appreciate any insight people have- hence the question on here. just wanted to clarify that I would never leave her.

she's pretty pumped for our trip. want to make it as good as possible for her.

I loved hiking with my kids when they were that small. Now they are 10, 11, and 14 and still love hiking with their old man. Thankful I’ve created that bond!!

I loved hiking with my kids when they were that small. Now they are 10, 11, and 14 and still love hiking with their old man. Thankful I’ve created that bond!!
    That's the goal. And to make a strong, independent lady who can take care of herself and love the outdoors!

That's awesome- look forward to seeing you on the trail with them sometime.

1. The sequence of misunderstood messages here was kinda funny to observe.

2. You’re sure on the right track. I didn’t start until about 10-11 with my daughters, but it has paid off in so many ways. Including my younger, daughter now 26 doing the 100 Mile with me this summer, and expressing a goal to section hike the whole thing 10-14 days at a time with me. She’s a teacher, so has time in the summer. She’s a teacher, so she needs de-compression in the summer. :-). Told her I might be 80 by the time we make it back up to Maine. But great way to connect/reconnect.

++ New Posts ++