WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default This year's loop

Since last year's Longhos Loop was such a roaring success, at least in terms of adventure found, I spent the Winter putting together plans for another this year. This one is a little shorter, but looks to be heavier on the adventure heh.

TLDW: NOBO Cohos, Sentiers Frontaliers, a bit of road, SOBO AT. 43 days, 400 miles, 110k of up
    “The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait until that other is ready...”~Henry David Thoreau

http://lesstraveledby.net
    YouTube Channel
    Trailspace Reviews

Looks awesome LoneStranger, I enjoyed your introductory video. I won’t be watching because this is a part of the world I have not yet visited, but I love hearing about these improvised routes.
    Appalachian Trail ‘16-
    678/2198
    Pinhoti Trail ‘17-‘20
    321/321
    Benton MacKaye Trail ‘17-‘21
    286/286
    Beara Way '24
    128/128
    Bartram Trail ‘22
    116/116
    Foothills Trail ‘21
    78/78

Quote Originally Posted by Slugg View Post
    Looks awesome LoneStranger, I enjoyed your introductory video. I won’t be watching because this is a part of the world I have not yet visited, but I love hearing about these improvised routes.
    You and a few other folks said the same about my loop last year. I found it interesting that I haven't run into that reaction to my videos anywhere else. Whiteblaze seems to have at least a few folks who don't want spoilers and I take it as a compliment that some said they had to stop watching. That means I'm doing a good job of capturing the experience heh.

Let me know if you ever decide to come hike up here. Happy to share info or drop off a resupply if it helps!
    “The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait until that other is ready...”~Henry David Thoreau

YouTube Channel
    Trailspace Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStranger View Post
    You and a few other folks said the same about my loop last year. I found it interesting that I haven't run into that reaction to my videos anywhere else. Whiteblaze seems to have at least a few folks who don't want spoilers and I take it as a compliment that some said they had to stop watching. That means I'm doing a good job of capturing the experience heh.

Let me know if you ever decide to come hike up here. Happy to share info or drop off a resupply if it helps!
    You absolutely should take that as a compliment and I appreciate the offer! I am overdue for some NH/Maine action. I could see myself taking a trip to do some random loops/exploring before I make it there as part of my AT section hike.

Enjoy your loop!!!
    Appalachian Trail ‘16-
    678/2198
    Pinhoti Trail ‘17-‘20
    321/321
    Benton MacKaye Trail ‘17-‘21
    286/286
    Beara Way '24
    128/128
    Bartram Trail ‘22
    116/116
    Foothills Trail ‘21
    78/78

Finally...

Looking at rain to start and just laughing after last year.

YouTube Channel
    Trailspace Reviews

Videos started coming out every morning a few days ago.

Packed too much and the mountains are too high. Having a great time anyway 😀

Thanks for your effort, hope you can make the complete loop.

sounds like a great plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Birthright View Post
    sounds like a great plan.
    I think it was Tyson who said everyone has a plan until they get hit in the face. Getting lost on day 6 knocked me for a loop but I didn't let it spoil my fun.

Rendered and uploaded this video from my camp last night so you don't have to wait to see what happened next. I will queue up 7 more later today when I get to the inn. Will be in Canada in just a couple of days!

YouTube Channel
    Trailspace Reviews

Survived the Sentiers Frontaliers is the only way to describe it heh. The portions that follow the actual border are rarely actual trail. Just vague moose paths through chest high vegetation with rocks and swamp randomly under the feet.

Those videos will come out over the next week. This one from this morning is back towards the end of the Cohos when I was young and innocent.

Waiting for a resupply box that is late. Hoping to start the AT section tomorrow if it hits the PO. No food no walk!

YouTube Channel
    Trailspace Reviews

++ New Posts ++