WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Bridge Street Cafe & Inn/ Hot Springs?

Staying there after our hike through Max Patch. Any experience?

I haven't had a chance to stay/eat there, but know that member of their staff is a trail angel. She was out to ride a bike trail, and gave me a ride back into town after exhausting my knees on my first hike after back surgery. Very nice young angel.

Exclamation I hear the coffee is excellent!

I've been told they have some special brew that is outstanding!

And like the previous reply, I have to commend Dragonslayer, a former thru who works at that establishment, who has been AWESOME!

She and Wildcat (another former thru) had pizza, soda, snacks, beer, and cheesecake at 19E just before Kincora. Then she caught up with us again at a road crossing 15 miles from Partnership shelter. She gave us a ride to a breakfast place, and slackpacked us to the shelter, where she offered a ride into town for groceries and to pick up pizza! (And before all this great trail magic, she was supposedly seen at Fontana Dam... I missed that but I'm happy to have fallen in line since!)

We sometimes stop there to eat after doing trail maintenance on the AT. Great oven (stone) baked pizza !!!!
    If we look at the path, we do not see the sky. We are earth people on a spiritual journey to the stars. Our quest, our earth walk is to look within, to know who we are, to see that we are connected to all things, that there is no separation, only in the mind.
    - Native American, source unknown

++ New Posts ++