WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Golite Backpack

Default Golite Backpack

I live in CT and am trying to find a store that sells the Golite Perspective and the Galaxy. No one seems to carry them. I check Golites web sit eand they say EMS does. They DO NOT. I contact Golite. Their customer service stinks. I ask if they can give me a store within 100 miles of Hartford,CT. Now this cover most of Mass, VT, NH and a very good part of NY, not to mention alll of CT. They say they have no one and I should mail order the pack I want from them. I don't want to. I want to see, feel and try on the pack. They say I have to mail order. What is Golites problem?????

Does anyone have any feed back on the packs I want to look at or on Golite?????

HELP Please

ya....its a weird relationship between GOLITE and EMS. On the golite website they list EMS as there #1 distributor but few if any EMS stores have them in stock. Sure they can order them for you, but what good is that. You can do that yourself

I'm thinking your best bet might be to place a call to the boston or framingham REI store. They DO carry GOLITE gear but call ahead to make sure they have the pack that you want. If they dont ask them to get it there in a week and they will. REI is good like that. The two big outfitters in CT (Kent backcountry and Trail blazer) do not stock GOLITE.

I'm going through this same problem now in upstate NY, the only thing close to a gear shop doesnt carry golite, but the guy did try and sell me a 7 lb arcterx pack, no thanks gov'na!

I should add that since my thru hike, I get some sort of strange pleasure by walking in to gear shops and letting the sales people try and sell me all the ridiculous crap some folks carry on the trail. A lightweight 6 lb tent, tell me more!
    Last edited by RITBlake; 04-14-2006 at 08:47.

hey
    I have a golite speed pack ( 05 ) its nice, but the stiching sucks around the straps. i orderd mine on line but i have seen them at rei framingham mass

tim

Quote Originally Posted by canoehead
    hey
    I have a golite speed pack ( 05 ) its nice, but the stiching sucks around the straps.
    i've read that about other golite packs. Apparently it was a bigger issue a few years ago but they have been reenforcing that particular spot.

Smile OKKKKKKKKKKk

Thanks a lot. The two new packs that they have look interesting and I would really like to check them out. I live near the Kent store and they stopped about two years ago carrying real backpacking stuff. They have turned into a real yuppie store. REI is on my list to call today. Also is a place down in Old Saybrook called North Cove Outfitters.

I have a 5500 Lowe that weights 6.5lbs it is getting to big for this 59 year old body and I still have about 1500 miles to go. The main problem I see is that there are just not enough of us to support a big industry and for stores to carry this type of equipment.

Wow only 7lbs for a pack I am impressed.

ugh, as much as I hate to steer business towards the corporate outfitter, REI does have a pretty amazing customer service program. And as you know, there arn't many other options in CT.

We stopped in an REI on the trail and mike had a leaky platypus. They didnt even carry the platypus brand anymore but they gave him a brand new camelback bag instead. I was stunned. smart business plan.

Yah, unfortunatly most gear stores are still hell bent on selling folks the biggest and bulkiest gear, namely packs. Majority of people dont know better and the downward cycle continues. We need more Mt. Rogers Outfitters, and more Front Royal Outfitters, and places like that in this world.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Painted Turtle
    I live in CT and am trying to find a store that sells the Golite Perspective and the Galaxy. No one seems to carry them. I check Golites web sit eand they say EMS does. They DO NOT. I contact Golite. Their customer service stinks. I ask if they can give me a store within 100 miles of Hartford,CT. Now this cover most of Mass, VT, NH and a very good part of NY, not to mention alll of CT. They say they have no one and I should mail order the pack I want from them. I don't want to. I want to see, feel and try on the pack. They say I have to mail order. What is Golites problem?????

Does anyone have any feed back on the packs I want to look at or on Golite?????

HELP Please
    here ya go,links to both packs neo

http://www.ccoutdoorstore.com/golite-perspective.html

http://www.backcountrygear.com/catal...ail.cfm/GO1009

Painted Turtle have you tried
    Outdoor Sports Center
    80 Danbury Road
    Wilton, CT 06897
    (203) 762-8324

Quote Originally Posted by neo
    I think he wants to try it on, not just buy it blindly off the net.

Default golite pack

I am wondering. Is there another pack out there that is around 4500, has pockets (yes I am org freak) light weightand not 7 lbs light more like under 4 lbs, and has a sleeping bag compartment? Or am I asking to much? I really got a bad feeling with Golite after trying to deal with their Customer service. It has been two days and they have not answered my last e-mail. I guess once they got it through their head that I was not going to order one from them they just gave up.

Default golite pack

Having trouble keeping up with the posts My problem. Thanks on the Wilton lead I will put them on my list to call. Both REI and North Cove don't open till 10 so I will wait till then and give them a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Painted Turtle
    I am wondering. Is there another pack out there that is around 4500, has pockets (yes I am org freak) light weightand not 7 lbs light more like under 4 lbs, and has a sleeping bag compartment?
    haha, uhh ya, I can think of many

try poking around on

http://www.ospreypacks.com
    http://www.granitegear.com
    http://www.mountainsmith.com/msmith.html
    http://www.gregorypacks.com/

just to name a few. I used an osprey on my thru. It was light, held the weight perfectly and was incredibly durable. Besides the smell you wouldnt know that this pack went 2175 miles.

Your right will NOT buy on line. Have to try on and put gear in and walk around. Backcountry is on my approve do business list used them in the past very good.

I was just there and they don't even list the Golite Galaxy boy am I barking up the wrong tree http://www.ccoutdoorstore.com

are you sure you didnt make up this pack in your sleep???

Livin' life in the drive thru! hikerjohnd's Avatar
    Images

Maybe it is just me, but if you are having problems with cust service now, what will it be like once you have the pack and need attention? Cust service is in my top 3 criteria when selecting gear. If the service is bad before the sale, they obviously do not want your business.
    So be it.
    --John

Default Golite Pack

Quote Originally Posted by hikerjohnd
    Maybe it is just me, but if you are having problems with cust service now, what will it be like once you have the pack and need attention? Cust service is in my top 3 criteria when selecting gear. If the service is bad before the sale, they obviously do not want your business.

You are right. I am getting that so called bad feeling.

Default golite pack

Quote Originally Posted by RITBlake
    Painted Turtle have you tried
    Outdoor Sports Center
    80 Danbury Road
    Wilton, CT 06897
    (203) 762-8324

They don't have the packs but very very cooperative. Going to take a ride and check them out.

ironically, I got their number off the golite website.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++