WhiteBlaze Pages 2022
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
$5 for printable PDF, AVAILABLE NOW. $9 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Tennessee Cumberland Trail Volunteer Trailbuilder Bass's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-22-2004
    Location
    Montery, TN
    Age
    72
    Posts
    20

    Default Cumberland Trail Spring Trailbuilding Programs

    Tennessee's Cumberland Trail website now has the the schedule for the new Spring Program on the website:
    http://www.cumberlandtrail.org/

    So if you enjoy "giving back", helping build new trail, and enjoy meeting and working with other trailbuilders from all over the US, be sure to schedule some time time this spring to help with the Cumberland Trail.

    The Spring Schedule offers something for everybody. There are several day trail-building outings on Black Mountain. There are two "busy backpacker" programs in the northern part of the CT, and a 4th annual Big Dig in the southern part of the CT. In addition to the regular 5-week Big Dig near Chattanooga, TN, the CT is having a Big Dig North. The Big Dig North, from May 31 - June 19, is modeled after the popular "busy backpacker" outing in Frozen Head last fall. Backpackers will be able to hike in for however many days they want.

    The expanded Spring trailbuilding schedule reflects the fact that the Cumberland Trail Conference is no longer "landlocked" - several new donations and purchases of trail corridor have made almost 60 miles of new trail corridor available to build. As a result, the Cumberland Trail Conference is scheduling more trailbuilding programs and increasing staff and actively seeking more volunteers.

    The Cumberland Trail needs your help!

  2. #2
    Registered User neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-16-2004
    Location
    nashville,tn
    Age
    64
    Posts
    4,177
    Images
    337

    Default

    i participated in big dig 2003-2004,i missed 2005,but plan on it in 2006 neo

  3. #3
    Registered User neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-16-2004
    Location
    nashville,tn
    Age
    64
    Posts
    4,177
    Images
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neo
    i participated in big dig 2003-2004,i missed 2005,but plan on it in 2006 neo
    it will be different without mark,mark was a cool guy neo

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neo
    it will be different without mark,mark was a cool guy neo

    Mark Stanfill is a good guy and a good friend. It was time for him to move on. He's doing well working for the State of Tennessee doing trail work. Plus, Restless has been hired, and he is a good guy too. Diffeent, but a good guy.

    I have a proposal. I think we should have a summer Ruck at Big Dig near Chattanooga. We do it over a weekend. I'll see if the CTC can come up with a specific project - like building a bridge or two, and us Whiteblazers can have at it! We can camp by the lake, swim after volunteering, build a bonfire, rekindle friendships and make some new ones, all while helping to build an amazing trail - the Cumberland Trail.

    What do y'all say? Attendees will have to volunteer - cause that's what gets you a free campsite and some viddles.

    Let's hear it. Who is interested?

  5. #5
    Registered User neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-16-2004
    Location
    nashville,tn
    Age
    64
    Posts
    4,177
    Images
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOWGLI16
    Mark Stanfill is a good guy and a good friend. It was time for him to move on. He's doing well working for the State of Tennessee doing trail work. Plus, Restless has been hired, and he is a good guy too. Diffeent, but a good guy.

    I have a proposal. I think we should have a summer Ruck at Big Dig near Chattanooga. We do it over a weekend. I'll see if the CTC can come up with a specific project - like building a bridge or two, and us Whiteblazers can have at it! We can camp by the lake, swim after volunteering, build a bonfire, rekindle friendships and make some new ones, all while helping to build an amazing trail - the Cumberland Trail.

    What do y'all say? Attendees will have to volunteer - cause that's what gets you a free campsite and some viddles.

    Let's hear it. Who is interested?
    the big dig is also a lot of fun,great people,love building trail,the summer ruck sounds pretty awesome to. neo

  6. #6
    El Sordo
    Join Date
    02-20-2005
    Location
    Hiawassee, GA
    Age
    77
    Posts
    1,612
    Images
    28

    Default

    I have a proposal. I think we should have a summer Ruck at Big Dig near Chattanooga. We do it over a weekend. I'll see if the CTC can come up with a specific project - like building a bridge or two, and us Whiteblazers can have at it! We can camp by the lake, swim after volunteering, build a bonfire, rekindle friendships and make some new ones, all while helping to build an amazing trail - the Cumberland Trail.

    What do y'all say? Attendees will have to volunteer - cause that's what gets you a free campsite and some viddles.

    Let's hear it. Who is interested?[/quote]

    Sounds like fun. All depends on the when. I have to take call every 4th weekend so timing is always an issue.

++ New Posts ++

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •