WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Registered Troll
    Images

Default 2003 ATC Thru-Hiker's Companion IN

Just received the 2003 ATC Thru-Hiker's Companion in the mail.

Who's that weirdo in the red suit on the cover?

Old Faht. Nice guy. Gave me my first trail magic in Vermont.

Old Fhart. Wicked good photographer, check out his pics here on WB and on your ATC calendar.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Stop me if I'm wrong, but I think you guys mean "2004" Companion. It stopped being 2003 12 days ago.

I'm loking forward to my own copy of the new book, if for no other reason than to check out the photo of O.P. on the cover; sure hope it isn't a good honest likeness, as this will no doubt affect sales figures if it is. Old Phart, for those of you who don't know him, is a helluva lot better BEHIND a camera than in front of one.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin
    Stop me if I'm wrong, but I think you guys mean "2004" Companion. It stopped being 2003 12 days ago.
    I thought the same thing initially, but the original post in this thread was almost a year ago.

It is indeed the 2003 ALDHA/ATC published Companion with a picture of me on the cover. In deference to Jack I tried to face away from the camera and be as small in the picture as possible. The reason for the red suit is that it photographs well. If you want to see more pictures by me, and possibly of me, check the 2004 ATC calendar for March and there will also be one in the 2005 calendar but I'm not sure what it is yet, I just know they chose one. Also check the spring LLBean catalog with an A.T. theme that should be out this March for 5 more of my pictures.
    Out of fairness to me I'll post a photo of Jack in my gallery. Fair warning: you may have trouble telling if it is his face or he's relieving himself, both ends look somewhat the same. Actually that is wrong. I've only seen cigarette smoke coming from topside. For those of you who don't know, this is how Jack and I say "hi", it is normal for us.

Images

Old Phart,
    As long as were talking about your pics, I happened to be thumbing thru the new 2004 AT calendar at my friends house the other day and noticed your excellent photograph. Great work as always!
    Anything's within walking distance if you've got the time.
    GA-ME 03, LT 04/06, PCT 07'

A-Train

Glad you like the calendar photo. It was also enjoyable for me to meet you and Grunt on the trail last year in the section between Pearisburg and Daleville, VA.

++ New Posts ++