WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Post 2 month section hike

First time doing a major section hike, just done small trips, and don't have time & $$$ for the entire trail. I'm planning on hiking alone, well w/ just my dog, but I figured I would post here to see if anyone was interested in joining. I'm 21/f, I'm in college, got one more year left. My dog is a very chill and well trained med. mutt, voice and hand-signals, better off a leash, but she won't be off the leash. So far my plan is to start @ Spivey Gap (19E) and head north for two months, I think I'll end up about Harpers Ferry. I'm starting slow (1st day: 5miles, 2nd: 8, 3rd: 10) and plan on hiking 12-15 miles a day, I consider myself to be a slow and steady hiker.

PM me if your interested.

Hanna

Images

ooops i'm starting June 3-4 haven't decided exactly which date but it will be that weekend.
    Hanna

Images

Start at Sam's Gap, That way you won't miss Big Bald. The Balds in NC/TN have some of the best views and hiking.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by thickredhair
    ooops i'm starting June 3-4 haven't decided exactly which date but it will be that weekend.
    Hanna

Hanna
    I'm starting at exactly the same time at about exactly the same place. For at least a six week section. Maybe we could work something out. I have to fill in a section from Sam's Gap to Spivey Gap, then I start back again at Indian Grave Gap and head north from there. I'm female and hiking alone too.
    PM me if you want to discuss it further.
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

Hanna...I live in East Bend. If you want any info about the southern part of the trail drop a line. I will be here for about another week before I head to Az.

I'm leaving Springer May 1st & ending in Harpers Ferry sometime in July, hope to see you on the trail.

what date are you starting?
    be good and have fun

Ill be starting around Harpers Ferry at the end of June.

++ New Posts ++