WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Another Bear Attack

This time in Washington State in Olympia. hope the bears get it out of their systems before I get that far North on the PCT.

I wont make as good a meal for them after 2500 miles...now if they wanted to eat me at the Mexican border...Vios Mio! They would eat well.

I really dont know if Vios Mio is a word, but if you say it in a Mexican accent it sounds urgent.

Images

Just read a quick article about this. Appears to be a hunter that was attacked. I sure hope he recovers. Local trooper says they get occasional cougar attacks in the area, but bear attacks are very rare. I guess that he is lucky his buddy was there.
    That's my dog, Echo. He's a fine young dog.

Link???????

Images

Sorry, I just figured a Hoston newspaper link was a little far away to be posted, just a quick search by the way.http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/3813253.html

Thanks.

10characters

Journal Entries
    Images

Listen, the animals are getting tired of humans and have decided to retake the world........you can believe every word i'm telling ya because i'm an animal and have been given the inside doodoo on it from another animal........life as we knew it is over, prepare to be eaten......

Geezer

What a stupid bear!

Attacks a pair of hunters!
    Frosty

Images

What s STUPID HUNTER who gets attacked by the BEAR HE IS HUNTING!
    Fishinfred
    FISHINFRED

MY STUFF

MY STUFF ON EBAY

Quote Originally Posted by fishinfred
    What s STUPID HUNTER who gets attacked by the BEAR HE IS HUNTING!
    Fishinfred
    He shoulda been fishin instead!

Quote Originally Posted by Lion King
    This time in Washington State in Olympia. hope the bears get it out of their systems before I get that far North on the PCT.

I wont make as good a meal for them after 2500 miles...now if they wanted to eat me at the Mexican border...Vios Mio! They would eat well.

I really dont know if Vios Mio is a word, but if you say it in a Mexican accent it sounds urgent.
    Re: "Vios Mio". It's very close to the Spanish "Dios Mio", which means "My God". Usually used with exclamation points (in Spanish, an inverted one before the quote and the standard one we are used to seeing in English after the quote).

Thanks for playing.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Thru' hiker one weekend at a time... vipahman's Avatar
    Images

Well, I might have attacked that hunter too if I was a bear. Then I would plead self defense. [IMG]images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]
    -Avi
    AT completed: NJ6-1, NY13-2, CT5-2

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

What's up with the black bears this year? Black bears have always stayed completely clear of us when we hiked in areas where hunting is allowed.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lion King
    now if they wanted to eat me at the Mexican border...Vios Mio! They would eat well.

Re: "Vios Mio". It's very close to the Spanish "Dios Mio", which means "My God". Usually used with exclamation points (in Spanish, an inverted one before the quote and the standard one we are used to seeing in English after the quote).
    Tinker is correct.

If you had added via to the end of your phrase(Vios mio via), it could have been translated(very loosely) as " See my passage(orally)" Not an entirely unappropriate way of putting it, all things considered.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dinosaurs
    What's up with the black bears this year? Black bears have always stayed completely clear of us when we hiked in areas where hunting is allowed.
    Media hype. Nothing more. These encounters have been happening and will continue. I really don't know what happened to start this encounter, but the odds of this happening to a person in the woods has not likely changed one bit. I'll say again what I have said in many posts about this: brush up on your bear encounter prevention skills and always stay alert when travelling in active bear country. Protect yourself with knowledge and whatever else you need to stay safe. I'm not gonna stop backpacking and I'm not gonna worry myself about it.

...Or is it Hiker Trash? Almost There's Avatar
    Images

Had a buddy who's grandfather and uncle used to bow hunt bears. Anyways, the uncle tagged this bear one time and it wasn't a clean kill...the dude went after it and the bear circled around on him and if the grandpa hadn't been there...dinner for bear?
    Walking Dead Bear
    Formerly the Hiker Known as Almost There

Quote Originally Posted by ed bell
    Media hype. Nothing more. These encounters have been happening and will continue.
    I am beginning to think so too. The media jumps all over a shark bite, a bear bite, or other encounters with critters when there is a slow media day or when they just want to scare up some interest in the news. After readers have been inundated with all the war news, politics, entertainers getting arrested, there is nothing like a good animal attack to get readers back and chatting around the water coolers and Internet forums.

The hunter was chasing the bear! Kinda like the tourists in Yellowstone who walk up and feed the bears. Kinda like the Grizzly Man who thought he was one with the bear. You gotta think when you are in the woods. Carelessness breeds accidents.
    Zeke

Sorry, although I hope he recovers, I can't muster much sympathy for the hunter. If you want to go shoot something dead, expect a little bad karma now and then.

Geezer

Quote Originally Posted by Sly
    Sorry, although I hope he recovers, I can't muster much sympathy for the hunter. If you want to go shoot something dead, expect a little bad karma now and then.
    I tend to agree, but since I eat meat I am in pretty much the same kharma boat as the hunter. In fact, the only difference between hunters who kill animals and people like me who buy packages of meat in the supermarket is that I pay people to kill animals and butcher them. And of course most all of us pay money to people so that animals can be killed for clothing attire. Not fur, but most of us wear leather shoes and belts. If there is any cosmic justice, in our next lives we'll all end up together in a big bucket of KFC.
    Frosty

Well, although eating meat isn't absolutely necessary, eating meat raised for consumption is a bit different that bagging a wild and free animal.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against hunting if you use the kill to feed and cloth or shelter your family, but still there are risks and karma. I'm not too keen on trophy hunters and could care less what happens to them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++