WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Goose Creek Cabins

Great place to stay - cool little rustic cabins (or a campground), reasonably priced, and very friendly owners. Browsing all the curiosities in the office (including a full body mount mountain lion) was interesting. The owner shuttled us to a nearby restaurant at no charge, stopped at a convenience store for us, and even did our laundry on the Saturday night before Easter for $5 a 6 lb load. He even managed to get the stench completely out of my polyester T-shirt, which usually retained a hint of sweat smell even after a wash.

Images

Default So.... WHERE are they???

You comments are positive,.... but in a vacuum they don't help much.

WHERE is the place???

Please remember the junior high rules of good journalism---

WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, and HOW.

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Images

http://goosecreekcabins.com/

Goose Creek Cabins is north of A.T. from Neels Gap on Hwy 19/129 3.5 miles

Registered User Dances with Mice's Avatar
    Images

The Neels Gap staff have Goose Creek on speed dial. Keith will shuttle hikers back and forth from his place to Neels and into town for supper and grocery shopping.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/...65&userid=1030
    You never turned around to see the frowns
    On the jugglers and the clowns
    When they all did tricks for you.

Anyone know how Blood Mt Cabins and Goose Creek Cabins compare to each other?

I like Goose Creek Cabins better - they were rustic log, clean and neat, with hardwood floors and a little fireplace. Blood Mountain was okay, but the one we stayed in was early 70's decor - dark paneling, older carpeting. The bunks in the room I was in were also very short. I couldn't sit down without ducking my head low to avoid the top bunk. The kitchens in both are limited, but Goose Creek Cabins at least had dishwashing liquid, which our Blood Mountain Cabin lacked. Also, we got a better price at Goose Creek - $65 for 4 of us, as opposed to $20 apiece with 6 in the cabin at Blood Mountain Cabins. The one thing Blood Mountain had that Goose Creek didn't was television, a VCR, and a bunch of old videos. Goose Creek had a pond with geese for entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikes in Rain View Post
    http://goosecreekcabins.com/

Goose Creek Cabins is north of A.T. from Neels Gap on Hwy 19/129 3.5 miles
    State of Georgia.

Default RE: Goose Creek Cabins & Campground

Keith is the best host you could ever ask for!!! We travel from Florida to his place 2-3 times a year. We have been going there for a bout 7 years. If you want a great place to get away and forget the world-this is it. Adorable cabins on his property, plus he rents out cabins off site also. Amazing prices, and the best hospitality you could ask for

++ New Posts ++