WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Environmental Lip Service

Interesting article today in the NY Times about the Republican communicatons strategy towards environmental issues. Not trying to stir up a hornets nest here. National environmental policy is certainly an important issue relating to the AT. One doesn't hike the ridges in the Smokys, or the ridge north of Palmerton, PA without realizing the human impact on our environment.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/02/politics/02ENVI.html

You might need to register (free) on this site to see this article.

I particularly like the following quote from the article;

... "Winning the Global Warming Debate," asserts that many voters believe there is a lack of consensus about global warming among scientists. "Should the public come to believe that the scientific issues are settled, their views about global warming will change accordingly," it says. "Therefore you need to continue to make the lack of scientific certainty a primary issue."

Interesting, eh..

... and disheartening.

Yes, I know I mis-spelled "Hamster"...
    Images

Republicans are bastards when in comes to the environment.
    "A man builds a fine house; and now he has a master, and a task for life; he is to furnish, watch, show it, and keep it in repair, the rest of his days".
    ...Ralph Waldo Emerson

GA-ME Someday (Maybe '06?)
    Many Miles in Massachusetts & Vermont...

And so are the Democtrats where evrything else is concerned.
    Bonepile

Oops, what did I start?

Section Hiker 500 miles smokymtnsteve's Avatar
    Images

Last edited by smokymtnsteve; 08-14-2003 at 20:42.
    "I'd rather kill a man than a snake. Not because I love snakes or hate men. It is a question, rather, of proportion." Edward Abbey

Y'all mean Republicrats? No one said you had to vote a staight ticket (unless maybe in the primary's) League of Conservation Voters get's some neat perspective on different office holders, then you can pick and choose the best of all the parties. ("best" concerning environmental issues, please don't ask me to qualify my statement )

Yes, I know I mis-spelled "Hamster"...
    Images

I also support dems and reps on different issues.
    "A man builds a fine house; and now he has a master, and a task for life; he is to furnish, watch, show it, and keep it in repair, the rest of his days".
    ...Ralph Waldo Emerson

GA-ME Someday (Maybe '06?)
    Many Miles in Massachusetts & Vermont...

Most people do RagingHampster; therein lies the problem with the 2-party system.

Default One party only

It's a one party system. If you look at voting records apart from party affiliation you cannot tell them apart. The bloodsuckers vote in favor of which corporation paid them the most. Corporations rule, we are nothing. Democrats and Republicans must be thrown out or both freedom and the environment are eliminated.

++ New Posts ++