WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Hi I'm Sunshine

Default Hi I'm Sunshine

Uhhh... I've been lurking (not really though, I hardly ever come to this site) for a couple years now. I figured i'm over half way done with my hike (i'm Delaware Water Gap) and might as well post at least once on the forums. Oh and the "who's leading the pack" thread is pretty lame. Can't a moderator clean it up or something.

Blue skies

Sunshine

Geezer

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine06
    Oh and the "who's leading the pack" thread is pretty lame. Can't a moderator clean it up or something.
    Well, I used to think these spitting contests were lame, also, but lately I've found that they are pretty entertaining. This change occurred about the time I stopped posting to them myself.
    Frosty

Images

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine06
    Uhhh... I've been lurking (not really though, I hardly ever come to this site) for a couple years now. I figured i'm over half way done with my hike (i'm Delaware Water Gap) and might as well post at least once on the forums. Oh and the "who's leading the pack" thread is pretty lame. Can't a moderator clean it up or something.

Blue skies

Sunshine
    My My My what a pleasant first post.......
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

Springer-->Stony Brook Road VT MedicineMan's Avatar
    Images

Default she's a thru-hiker

give her(guessing) a break, lots of pressure out there.
    anyway Sunshine, welcome to the forum, i bet you can contribute a lot of hard earned experience to us all.
    Start out slow, then slow down.

Images

Hi Sunshine, I hope things are going well. You must be in pretty good shape by now. My question is....Did I meet you at Rocky Bald in NC in March? I met a bunch of thrubies, but I was too cold to write down their names. I took a picture of one girl and her smile was as bright as sunshine and I thought maybe that it was you. Have a great hike and may God bless you with good weather and great views. Hiker formerly known as Bear Bait II.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan
    give her(guessing) a break, lots of pressure out there.
    anyway Sunshine, welcome to the forum, i bet you can contribute a lot of hard earned experience to us all.

Perhaps you're right, but I'm the kind of person that tends to call em as I see em and it seems the lame thing here is opening a first thread with criticism and telling our moderators how to do their job.

Perhaps Sunshine was having a bad day that day. HOpe it gets better for her/him and future contributions can be less negative.
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

Images

I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine!

OK. so that was not a good play for a freshman quarterback to run and you lost a few yards. Forget about it and throw deep on 2nd. Happy Hiking and Welcome.

(Might I suggest you bash Bill Bryson on your second post.)
    [COLOR="SeaGreen"] [I]"Mama always said there's an awful lot you can tell about a person by their shoes. Where they're going, where they've been. I've worn lots of shoes."
    (Forrest Gump; Greenbow, Alabama)[/I] [/COLOR]

Musta notta gotta lotta sleep last night. Heater's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Blazer
    Hi Sunshine, I hope things are going well. You must be in pretty good shape by now. My question is....Did I meet you at Rocky Bald in NC in March? I met a bunch of thrubies, but I was too cold to write down their names. I took a picture of one girl and her smile was as bright as sunshine and I thought maybe that it was you. Have a great hike and may God bless you with good weather and great views. Hiker formerly known as Bear Bait II.
    The profile says sunshine's real name is Raymond.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Austexs
    Not Everybody seems to Love Raymond.
    Last edited by Skidsteer; 05-22-2006 at 19:44.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Austexs
    Whoops?! How can I get rid of that post!?

Sorry guys, it was a stupid first post. I was still a little drunk from trail days.

Yes I am a man!!! There maybe lots of people over the years w/ the name sunshine, but so far I am the only male

I got off the trail in vernon NJ to spend a little time home. I gotta work a little, i've spent way over my planned budget. I should be back on the trail in a week or so. By then I imagine the majority of the pack will be closer.

Sorry again

Sunshine

Images

You go, Sunshine, have a good hike!

~LIVE WELL~LAUGH OFTEN~LOVE MUCH~ Green Bean's Avatar
    Images

Yea Sunshine06. Happy Trails. ~GB
    "Plans to protect air, water, wilderness and wildlife are in fact plans to protect man."

Quote Originally Posted by Lilredmg
    Perhaps you're right, but I'm the kind of person that tends to call em as I see em and it seems the lame thing here is opening a first thread with criticism and telling our moderators how to do their job.

Perhaps Sunshine was having a bad day that day. HOpe it gets better for her/him and future contributions can be less negative.
    you are so negative

Images

Quote Originally Posted by mingo
    you are so negative

Whatever Mingo, where's your positive input eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilredmg
    Whatever Mingo, where's your positive input eh?
    just negative, negative, negative, nothing but negative.

++ New Posts ++