WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Hey look everybody....Rusty's back.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by The Weasel View Post
    TOW -

I still plan on taking you up on that free breakfast you promised me. But it may be a few years before I get back to Damascus. So I'm counting on you to be patient and be there for a long time!

The Weasel
    I'll try.......

The docs are referring me to the University Hospital in Charlottesville, Va. And I was not suppose to go back to the doctor for a month from my visit on Tuesday but I recieved a call to be in there first thing in the morning. I went to the ER on last Friday night and they found I was spilling blood in my urine. Then Monday morning I took a trip via the ambulance with Lone Wolf driving with uncontrollable body movements and tingling in my face and Tuesday morning first thing found me in the doctors office where they drew more blood and made me pee again. I had a cat scan done on that friday night visit but it did not show anything in the kidney's?

All I know is that I am indeed becoming more ill. What I have been experiencing for the last two days are a heavyness in my forearms and fatigue. And then I cannot talk right sometimes, not that I ever did talk right, but this is something new in the last two months.

Poop happens you know.

I talked to a dear friend from Chicago today that is in her last days with lymphoma.

We all are going to get out of this world only one way, but you know I know I still have a lot of life in me. But what really kind of pains me is now I am getting people here in town who are looking down on me it seems over getting ill. I do not understand that? And they are small compared to the many who like me here, but still it hurts. Maybe I need to see something here?

Perhaps I talk too much about it? I know it helps me to talk but perhaps it puts the other person off a bit because they don't know what to say, or they think your crying? I am not crying but I know one thing I am going to practice silence to a point.

I am not a man who needs a pat on the back everytime I turn around and that is not what I am seeking. But I think what I need to do is start patting some others on the back, if that is one thing I am learning here in this whole thing, the one single thing that does help when listening to another speak of their woes is a kind word and a pat on the back.

Images

TOW, big love. hope they figure it all out soon and you feel like a million bucks.
    hey hey, my my

Hang in there TOW. Lots of positive thoughts coming your way.

Keep your chin up and just be who are you are. Many here care about you and wish you the best and good health!
    ad astra per aspera

Images

Quote Originally Posted by The Only Wanderer View Post
    I'll try.......

The docs are referring me to the University Hospital in Charlottesville, Va. And I was not suppose to go back to the doctor for a month from my visit on Tuesday but I recieved a call to be in there first thing in the morning. I went to the ER on last Friday night and they found I was spilling blood in my urine. Then Monday morning I took a trip via the ambulance with Lone Wolf driving with uncontrollable body movements and tingling in my face ***.

And then I cannot talk right sometimes, not that I ever did talk right, but this is something new in the last two months.

*** But what really kind of pains me is now I am getting people here in town who are looking down on me it seems over getting ill. I do not understand that? And they are small compared to the many who like me here, but still it hurts. Maybe I need to see something here?

Perhaps I talk too much about it? I know it helps me to talk but perhaps it puts the other person off a bit because they don't know what to say, or they think your crying? I am not crying but I know one thing I am going to practice silence to a point.

I am not a man who needs a pat on the back everytime I turn around and that is not what I am seeking. But I think what I need to do is start patting some others on the back, if that is one thing I am learning here in this whole thing, the one single thing that does help when listening to another speak of their woes is a kind word and a pat on the back.
    Well, Wandy...

If you get back in an ambulance and LW is "driving with uncontrollable body movements" like that, of COURSE you're going to have trouble talking. But I'm sure he meant well, and you got there, didn't you?

As for "people talking," well, you've done plenty of back-patting here, so I can tell it's a natural thing for you most of the time. Those who talk probably don't listen real well. So take a lesson from them, and don't listen to THEM.

And remember, I like my eggs over easy.

TW
    "Thank God! there is always a Land of Beyond, For us who are true to the trail..." --- Robert Service

Images

Larry had the uncontrolable body movements, not Wolf. Or at least that's how I read it.
    I love the smell of esbit in the morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Lugnut View Post
    Larry had the uncontrolable body movements, not Wolf. Or at least that's how I read it.
    you're correct. just weasy being weasy

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    you're correct. just weasy being weasy
    Doesn't matter who had them. LW did a nice thing, regardless of why there was a whole lot of shaking goin' on, and he did it for a good guy, who is only known for wandering, not shaking. Smile, folks. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar! (I hope you aren't a cigar type, Larry! If you are, I'll sit on the porch when I have breakfast, and hope there's a strong wind!)

TW
    "Thank God! there is always a Land of Beyond, For us who are true to the trail..." --- Robert Service

Images

Quote Originally Posted by saimyoji View Post
    Hey look everybody....Rusty's back.
    "That don't matter." - Rusty

What does is that TOW is still here and gonna be here for a long time. I'm gonna need that food someday, and I'm not letting him loose from his promise to feed me!!! I may wait, say, a dozen years. OK?

TW

What does is that TOW is still here and gonna be here for a long time. I'm gonna need that food someday, and I'm not letting him loose from his promise to feed me!!! I may wait, say, a dozen years. OK?

TW
    uh huh. like i said, welcome back Rusty.

Journal Entries
    Images

TW
    Just get your fanny on down here and eat with us come TD's,I am planning a cook off.........

TOW I am praying for you. I also pray for God to guide the doctors and to give them the wisdom they need to heal you. We are thankful for LW helping you out.
    I am planning to come to TD's, what are you cooking?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11
++ New Posts ++