WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Menu items and "Mark Forums Read"

Hey Troll - I use the "Mark Forums Read" under "Quick Links" MUCH more often than I use some of the other buttons - like the Members List, the Calendar, or the Thru-Hiker Registry. I bet I'm not the only one....maybe it would be a good idea to put "Mark Forums Read" right next to "New Posts" on the menu list, and one of the less used ones under a drop-down meu.

I know it only saves a click or two, but it sure would be more convenient. What do you think?

Images

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff
    ...maybe it would be a good idea to put "Mark Forums Read" right next to "New Posts" on the menu list, and one of the less used ones under a drop-down meu. I know it only saves a click or two, but it sure would be more convenient. What do you think?
    You got my vote.

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Mine too!!!!!!!!!!!
    "If you don't know where you're going...any road will get you there."
    "He who's not busy living is busy dying"

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff
    Hey Troll - I use the "Mark Forums Read" under "Quick Links" MUCH more often than I use some of the other buttons - like the Members List, the Calendar, or the Thru-Hiker Registry. I bet I'm not the only one....maybe it would be a good idea to put "Mark Forums Read" right next to "New Posts" on the menu list, and one of the less used ones under a drop-down meu.

I know it only saves a click or two, but it sure would be more convenient. What do you think?
    I just added it to the navbar to the left of the Log Out option. I did not want to put it next to the New Posts option because of fear of it being so close and users clicking on it by mistake.

I did not want to do it but we'll see how it works. It was in a drop down so that it could not be clicked on by mistake. It is easy to click things by mistake when you are in a hurry or it is next to another option to click on.
    Last edited by attroll; 05-30-2006 at 12:21.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Awesome - thanks!

Awesome for you, it screwed me up. What happened to "Today's posts"? Plus, should it be "mark thread read" and not all forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Sly
    What happened to "Today's posts"?
    Never mind, found it under quick links. Too bad we could custom set our own tool bars.

++ New Posts ++