WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Images

Default Billville Hiker Feed

What's the scoop on the hiker feed in PA?? Jester? Chomp?
    Marsha

the hiker formaly known as Wonderfoot
    Images

Yeah, I wanna help out......can be there around the 5th and stay through the feed. I'm coming back on trail there after a stay at home in pa, so I can do some prep work....let me know!

The long brown path before me leading wherever I choose............................................ ...
    Strong and content I travel the open road
    ~Walt Whitman Song of the open road

avatar= bushwhackin' mount kancamagus nh 5-8-04 neighbor dave's Avatar
    Images

Talking that's all i know

Our plans this year include these meals:
    > Friday all afternoon and early evening: Sausage Medley, Dinner Rols,
    > Tortelinni Casserole, Chips and Dips
    > Saturday Breakfast - Sausage Gravy and Bisquits
    > Saturday Lunch - Pig Roast, Baked Beans, Corn on the Cob, Potato Salad with
    > veggies & a Tofu carved pig for the vegetarians! We need an artist from the
    > group to accomplish the idea for the Tofu Pig...So please let Mary know!
    > Saturday evening - Tacos, Chili, Bustace's Crab Chowder, Peanut Butter Soup
    > Sunday Breakfast - Scrambled Eggs, Home Fries, Bacon, French Toast Sticks
    >
    > Activities Plannned Are:
    > Friday Evening Entertainment - 2 AT related movies; musical entertainment to
    > be determined
    > Saturday Daylight - Hiker Olympics to include Leki Pole Throw, AT Obstacle
    > Course, Snicker Bar Speed Eating Contest (If anyone has any more ideas for
    > the Hiker Olympics contact Jester)
    > Saturday Daylight Entertainment - Band
    > Saturday Evening Entertainment - 2 more Hiker related Movies
    > Saturday Night - Sue Grace and the Bad Mommy Band will be performing at the
    > Doyle
    >
    > Hope to see you all there. JULY 7,8,9

Smile Billville Hiker Feed

Hi All,
    The list above is from an email I sent. It shows the plan for the food. I have got a lot of food donations from businesses in town and a few cash donations from locals. However, more funds are needed or the menu will have to be adjusted. You can contact me if you are willing.
    Bag of Tricks is working on the Obstacle Course contest which will be The At in 10 minutes or less. I just read his email which describes it. It is going to be great.
    I am not sure where I am getting a dvd projector yet. Please let me know if anyone can bring one.

If any outfitters out there would like to donate a prize for the hiker obstacle course that would be greatly appreciated.
    A lot of food preparation will be done from July 2 to the 6 as I would like to have all the food prepared ahead of time and then just reheated to serve. That preparation will be made at my home and/or in one of the kitchens where I work. I live above the Pub (2 Ann St.) Come on up.
    I am excited but getting a little nervous because time is ticking away!

Love to all,
    P.S. Takoma Ted, if you read this, can you come to perfor
    m
    ?

Where's Billville?

Images

Hello everyone-
    Mary I sent you a private message.
    I also forwarded your posting to Takoma Tedd.
    Marsha
    "StarLyte"

Billville is a group not a place. It started with a group of hikers of the class of 2000. It has grown to include a large group that loves the hiking community. Jester is the "Mayor" of Billville. If you have the right state of mind you can be a member, too!! Ha! Ha!
    The Billville shirts currently read:
    Annoying and confusing the humorless since 2000!

Images

Default Dvd Projector Needed

A DVD projector is needed for the Billville Hiker Feed!!!

I am bringing the following DVDs to view:

Lion King's "Walking With Freedom"
    Weathercarrots' Productions
    Billville Winter Warmer March 2006 - just a few clips - in MPEG format
    ......and miscellaneous DVDs and slideshows you will want to see

Please make it happen.

If you don't want to post here, email Trail Angel Mary or myself privately-thanks.

I'm writing from Waynesboro.....lots of folks zeroing today as it's supposed to get up to around 95 by noon.

The buzz on the Duncannon weekend is very strong on the Trail and I think the turnout is going to be tremendous; in fact we may get more folks than we originally planned.

I hope lots of Whiteblaze folks drop by for any or all of the weekend, but if you do, I hope some of you might consider helping out. If you know fer sure that you're coming, you might want to write trailangelmary a note to see if there's anything she might need. Or you may just want to bring something small with you.....good ideas are drinks, snacks, chips, ice, fruit, etc. Or check in with Mary, Jester, Trix, or me when you arrive in town to see if there's anything we may need or anticipate running out of.

We're hoping for a tremendous weekend, but it may turn out to be a bigger event than we first anticipated. Hope to see lots of you there, and thanx in advance to anyone who wants to give us a hand.

I'll see you all on Sat. night.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

From PA moved to Marquette MI, ontop of the Northern Country Trail

Uh.... Who, What, Where, When, Why, How? Im curious, Im new, can someone please fill me in Thank you !

Billville and associates DID NOT serve alcohol at last years feed in Duncannon. It won't be served this year either. The young man that was killed made adult choices and decisions. It had nothing to do with Billville.

Doh sorry, I wasn't asking about the tragedy. I was asking about the Hiker Feed I don't know anything about it and since it is in PA I figured it might be benificial and informative for me. ... If im allowed

Course you're allowed. Bring something to add to the feast.

I still need to know who what where when why how? lol. Or at least where and when.

The dates are on the homepage on the right .
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Images

OOOH OOOH OOOH can I come, can I come? J/K, I will denfiniately be there. I am currently at the ATC in Harpers Ferry so I will probably have to hitch back to Duncannon.
    :datz May the four winds blow me safely to Maine.

www.trailjournals.com/cheesewhiz

Bravo! Trail Angel Mary! Have a good one and (most importantly) a safe one.
    'All my lies are always wishes" ~Jeff Tweedy~

THIS IS BAG O TRICKS PLAN FOR THE OBSTACLE COURSE

Here is my take on, "SPRINGER to KATAHDIN in 10 minutes or less, MAYBE"

The "HIKE" (OBSTACLE COURSE) will have monitors or Trail Angels (really Billville volunteers) to mantain stations and assist with stunts.

The Hikers/Contestants must do the entire course with their backpacks on, containing, so far, only their sleeping bag, a miniture snickers bar, 16oz bottle of water and a 10 pound bag of sand.
    I'll supply the miniture snickers bars, bottled water, and 10lb. bags of sand. Do they have a sand box at the park?

NOTE: At various points along the course water guns and baloons will be trained on participants by spectators representing
    unexpected storms.

The "START"
    1 - SPRINGER & HIKER CHECK/SIGN- IN - Contestants must sign register, take off pack, eat dinner (snickers bar) and hydrate (drink water), and
    sleep (get into your sleeping bag zip up count to ten outloud, unzip bag, squeel like a pig, put pack on and continue your journey through GA.
    2 - "Ah"! , NEEL GAP - Contestants take the 10 lb bag of sand out of their pack, but pick-up new piece of gear (yet to be determined) then yell,
    "I hear Banjo Music" and continue their hike into NC/TN and the Smokies.
    NOTE: The ten pound bag of sand will be used later in to represent 10lbs of food for the "100 mile wilderness"
    3 - "TREAT THAT BLISTER - Contestants STOP apply a bandaid to any part of their body or take off a shoe / boot and apply to foot, it must stay on
    the entire course, they can use duct use duct tape if necessary to secure it.
    4 - SMOKEY'S IN THE SPRING - Contestants run across a bed of ice and dry ice (for fog).
    Mary do you know of anyone who may be willing to donate ice or that has an Ice business or machine maybe the fire house?
    5 - "PUDS" - Contestants run up and down the park steps, hill, or bank, representing the Pointless Ups & DownS or "PUDS" for the entire trip.
    (This can be done any number of times throuhout the course)
    5.5 KINCORA - we need something with trail building here
    6 - "WELCOME to DAMASCUS" - Contestants get sprayed with water guns. We need water guns
    7 - FEED THE WILD PONY - Contestants STOP, pickup a carrot, pet and offer carrot to a wild pony in the Grayson Highlands.
    I have a fake horse head I''ll bring, all we need is a bag of carrots.
    8 - "VIRGINIA BLUES" -contestants will run across the entire length of the Park simulating the never ending hike through VA,
    9 - ATC Headquaters in Harpers Ferry WVA, Contestants STOP, print their Trail Name and # and have their picture taken, by ATC volunteer.
    10- The "HALF GALLON CHALLENGE"- Hikers take off pack sit at table and eat a spoonful of ice cream out of container. We'll need a table and
    chairs and a to buy a couple tubs of ice cream and plastic spoons.
    Are you laughing yet?
    11. - ROCK & ROLL your ankles that is. Contestants walk over a dozen or so rocks - representing PA/NJ/NY Maybe stop and drink a small cup full
    of beer -representing all the bars on the way.
    12 - "BEWARE OF BEAR" - Contestants STOP, must throw rope & carabiner over designated pole / branch hook up and raise pack to top,
    then lower, unhook pack and continue journey. (I'll supply carabiners and rope for this).
    13 - WEB BREAKING - Contestants must duck under or avoid spyder web(s) we'll use the lowered volleyball net or get silly string for this.
    14 - STYLE CLIMBING - Contestants must climb over a style - (ladder over a fence) - We need about six "two by fours" to make the style.
    15 - PUNCHEONS, ROOTS & BIG ROCKS - Contestants walk over a slippery bog bridge (we make), avoid roots - sections of rope anchored in
    ground, climb over big boulders, any large obstacle(s) in park. We need around about (6 )"two by fours" and a long piece 10 or 12'ft length of
    2'' by 12'' to make the style and bog bridges see if anyone can donate , Jimmy at The Doyle
    16 - "THE 100 MILE WILDERNESS" - Contestants STOP, put 10 pound sand bag back into thier pack, representing food suppy for wilderness.
    17 - STREAM CROSSING - Contestants take off shoes / boots (maybe) or just run through a small water filled infaltable swimming pool.
    18 - SUMMIT KATAHDIN - Contestants climb rock wall or run up park hill /steps and back down for finish.
    Wildware Outfiitters may donate climbing wall.

HITCHING A RIDE - I don't have an idea for that yet.

NOTE Contestants must finish with snickers bar wrapper, empty bottle of water, sleeping bag, and the 10 pound bag of sand in their
    baclkpack and the bandaid on their body. There will be time deducted (TBD) for any missing items.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++