WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

:banana 3rd and 4th NOBOS of the season summit 6-26

Myself (BLEACH) and Woody Crow summited the big K on June 26th a couple days after Bone-Pac and Trek. I started March 8 and Woody started March 5 .

This is also my first post on whiteblaze. It took me the entire trail to pick up on the fact that this is kind of where everyone keeps in touch, so here I am.
    How exciting.

Did y'all get a prize?

whatever happened to Bear (Jan 1 start) ?

Default right on woodrow wilson crow and clorox head

you both rule and rock.
    matthewski

Thumbs up

CONGRATULATIONS!! ON YOUR HIKE!
    Peanuts (aka i.j.)
    "A womans place its on the trail"

Donating Member/AT Class of 2003 - The WET year
    Images

[quote=-BLEACH-]Myself (BLEACH) and Woody Crow summited the big K on June 26th a couple days after Bone-Pac and Trek. I started March 8 and Woody started March 5 .
    ================================
    Congrats ...at that pace if you get a quick ride back down to Springer you could re-hike the trail and get to Katahdin about the time most of this year's hikers get there.

You guys musta been smokin' !!!

'Slogger
    The more I learn ...the more I realize I don't know.

Section Hiker - 339.8 miles - I'm gettin' there! papa john's Avatar
    Images

Congratulations, I hope the memories last you a lifetime!
    Papa John

Quote Originally Posted by -BLEACH-

This is also my first post on whiteblaze.

How was the weather for your summit day?
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by -BLEACH-
    This is also my first post on whiteblaze. It took me the entire trail to pick up on the fact that this is kind of where everyone keeps in touch, so here I am.
    How exciting.
    It is nice to know that the word is gettting out on the Trail about this web site.

Congrats.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Warwick, NY - 3 miles from Wildcat Shelter on AT
    Images

Thumbs up

Your pace was incredible! I stayed with you in Hikers Paradise in Gorham the night of June 10. You zoomed thru Maine in mostly rainy weather in 16 days - WOW!!! I know you were putting in some heavy mileage as your goal was to make it to Fulling Goose Lean-to from US 2 that night. Which involved alot of wet hiking and numerous ups and downs. But then again that probably is your impression of the state of Maine (lots of wet hiking). You must have had some difficult fords down the home stretch. By the way, I was the fellow hacking away in the small room at the end of the hall near the bathroom. I came home two days later after my section hike and was diagnosed with pneumonia. I guess that is what happens when you push yourself in wet clothes and hiking in the rain when you are not 100%. I am better now, after a week of R&R and anti-biotics when i returned home.

Trek, I met at Dunn Notch, near Andover, ME on June 6.

I only hope you can go back to Maine in some nice weather and see this trail when the sun shines and it is nice and pretty. Congratulations on completing your journey.
    Aaron

Images

Congrats to you and Woody!!!!
    Did you post any pictures here?

Registered User Kaptain Kangaroo's Avatar
    Images

Default Congratulations !!!

Well done Bleach, great to hear that you finished (although your trip is not yet over I suppose). Seems like such a long time since we hiked with you way back in Virginia (??) Pinky & I should be done around July 12. Sunshine & Lockjaw are still on the trail but a little behind us.

Cheers,

Kaptain

1st place is all that matters. Nobody remembers who was 3rd place in a race.

Default how many times could someone northbound thru in one year? 9?

well how many times has anybody went northbound from springer in one year?youd have to have a great support team for that.could someone hike northbound 4 times in one calendar year?wolf are you up to support someone 4 times in 12 months.seems like these kids here could do it.only took em 90 days+ to go north,just jump on the next flight from bangor to the ATL and start again,finish in oct,then repeat...
    hell could squeaky northbound thru 9 times in one year? 40 days x 9 =360 days,with 5 town days.
    FREEWINDS.

Images

Congrats Bleach on your through. I met you, Coconut Monkey and Dewrag while section hiking with some old Army buddies just north of Pearisburg, Va in April. Glad to hear you made it and made it safely. Do you have any updates on Coconut Monkey and/or Dewrag.

Do-Rag was a few days behind us, I think she had some family coming out who couldn't make it until early July so I gather she was slowing down a bit.

Katahdin was a class II for us, but a good one. Just cloudy with a very occasional light sprinkle. Good views without being cooked under the sun, I thought it was perfect.

I last saw Bear (hiking with "Pan?") in New York. They seemed to be in Good Spirits. Coconut Monkey I last saw in Pennsylvania. I think he and Jolly Green Giant went to Trail Days and I hear have been hiking together since. My guess is that Do will be the next one in followed by Taco, then maybe Pa Bert and Robin's Nest? Hard to say where they are now, last saw them in Kent, CT.

Askus3, I remember meeting you at Hiker's "Paradise" in Gorham. We affectionately dubbed you "Bronchi" due to the violent noises coming from down the hall. Glad you're feeling better, and sorry for eating your cookies, juice, cereal and donuts. (But come on, they were in a plastic bin on the floor of a hiker hostel kitchen. ) Maine was great, except for a few thunderstorms all went well. The trail wasn't absurdly muddy, most days were sunny and warm, and the bugs weren't much of an issue- perfect nap weather.

Hey Kaptain, great to hear from you! It certainly has been awhile, I think the last time I saw you was just outside of Damascus. Is Team Steve still on the trail? Good luck to you and Pinky on the rest of your hike. I'm in Portland ME, visiting some friends right now but wil be back out hiking in a week or so.

2,000 Miler - (2002 - 2007) Sorcerer's Avatar

Default Other Early NOBOs (and a few SOBOs)

I was just up in Maine hiking myself and here's who I met:

Coconut Monkey was in Andover on June 26

Robin's Nest was somewhere a little North of Rangeley on June 26 w/Batman last I heard.

Guns of Jesus and his two friends from Massachussets (can't remember their names) left South Arm Road (Andover) on June 26.

Bird Nut was headed south out of Grafton Notch on June 28.

Lefty was southbound out of Grafton Notch on June 27.

About 10 other SOBOs I passed between Gorham and Andover, but I didn't really get much information out of them......too busy hiking!

congrats hope it was a great time 4 the 2 of ya
    live life one big step after every little fall

Default Who's on first, what's on second...

Hey Bleach and Woody Crow, Congratulations on finishing your long hike of the Appalachian Trail. Must seem like an eternity having left Springer on March 8. Enjoy your stay in Maine at Portland's scenic Old Port section of town. Getting home to Minnesota is a fitting reward. Do-Rag crossed the Kennebec River on 6-22, Pa Bert and Taco on 6-23, Robin's Nest and Batman on 6-28. Have a great fourth of July everyone! Steve Longley

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++