WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Signing Off

Images

Wow, 6 years, what an epic adventure this must be. I eagerly await the novel and screenplay
    Anything's within walking distance if you've got the time.
    GA-ME 03, LT 04/06, PCT 07'

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    Is he there yet
    I hope so, he left like 6 years ago!
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Images

HA that is very true. Jack, having traversed the trail something like six or seven times- i often wonder if he thinks about the trail more than i do- ive never thru hiked. the most ive spent on the trail was a week and it was SNP, prob the most commercialized section of the trail (so ive read) and experienced.
    i think about the trail- or hiking, or backpacking, sleeping under the stars or rain, or some type of combination of those four- AT LEAST a couple of hours of each day.
    so yeah, i totally agree with Slo-go'en, Jack has been AWOL for the good part of this decade.
    and i couldnt be more envious of him, or any thru thats out there tonight setting up camp.

i have not met Jack, but i consider him to be my homeboy.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Nicksaari View Post
    HA that is very true. Jack, having traversed the trail something like six or seven times- i often wonder if he thinks about the trail more than i do- ive never thru hiked. the most ive spent on the trail was a week and it was SNP, prob the most commercialized section of the trail (so ive read) and experienced.
    i think about the trail- or hiking, or backpacking, sleeping under the stars or rain, or some type of combination of those four- AT LEAST a couple of hours of each day.
    so yeah, i totally agree with Slo-go'en, Jack has been AWOL for the good part of this decade.
    and i couldnt be more envious of him, or any thru thats out there tonight setting up camp.

i have not met Jack, but i consider him to be my homeboy.
    Jack, AWOL for a better part of this decade? His 9000 some odd posts might dictate otherwise....
    Anything's within walking distance if you've got the time.
    GA-ME 03, LT 04/06, PCT 07'

Images

I sure was thinking about Jack as we headed down to Dennis Cove after 6pm last Thursday. Ragamuffin, Stitch, and I knew we had missed the ride into town for dinner. I said, "well, maybe Jack will be there and fix his famous lasagna"... alas, it was not to be. So we just ordered pizza delivery. Oh well, a girl can wish...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
    Jack, AWOL for a better part of this decade? His 9000 some odd posts might dictate otherwise....
    Those were from his doepplegaenger, "Baltimore Jack" who stole his identity (and vice versa) (especially the "vice") long ago and, yes, far away.

Weasey
    "Thank God! there is always a Land of Beyond, For us who are true to the trail..." --- Robert Service

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++