WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

another day. one less wait till launch. how cool it would be if my plans work. if they dont ill do it when i can but im sure i can swing it if i work really hard. and who knows? i might sell my art! its on the web if you look for it. just google my name.its called bible are, at a site called yessy.con.
    matthewski

Default What I've Done This Week...

Yesterday, I picked up my package Campmor mailed to me! It contained my hat, fleece, pocketknife, pack towel and sleeping bag liner! I weighed it all and put the info in my Excel spreadsheet. I have it set to calculate the weight of my pack as I gather all of my gear.

I've read TrailJournals and WhiteBlaze - a lot.

Not so bad for a Monday?

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by NLena View Post
    Yesterday, I picked up my package Campmor mailed to me! It contained my hat, fleece, pocketknife, pack towel and sleeping bag liner! I weighed it all and put the info in my Excel spreadsheet. I have it set to calculate the weight of my pack as I gather all of my gear.

I've read TrailJournals and WhiteBlaze - a lot.

Not so bad for a Monday?
    Yeah I have a HUGE order waiting to go out to Campmor - as I'm buying for two. Still waiting to see if I will need everything that's on the list as its been adjusted several times. Some items include climate control pants for my son, tent pegs for his sil nylon tent, SOle insoles for me (the superfeet didn't work out at all), Aqua mira, a precip cap, insulate cap for my son, and Yaktrax for him. Debating on a sleeping bag right now for him. Maybe the Sierra Designs 20 degree synthetic.

Went to the outfitter this past weekend for my pack dilemma - now am going to try an Osprey Ariel 65 with a Luna hip belt to see if I can carry it off my lumbar region. Opsrey pack has to come in yet. If not, I'll probably have to go with a clunker - either my son's Mountainsmith or my 7 lb Lowe Apline. This is it for me. I'm getting weary of it all.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Default blissful shops to death

the first case of shopping to death . try the opposite of your approch.start way light and underprepared and re fit at neels with there pro help after your 3 days in. your preparing like a city dweller. with a celler full of clothes and an attic full of food. go light and make it an exsperomint. jump into your hike.
    matthewski

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Smacky70 View Post
    Approximately 1388 Hours of staring at a monitor at work.
    Speaking of counting, by coincidence just yesterday I started off a countdown by putting up a post-it note with the 'number of days to go', up on my cubical wall. ..........................

theres a FREE countdown clock (in fact, several) on the Web that you can download to your PC. here's the one i use:

http://www.timeleft.info/

enjoy & good luck on all you hikes!
    i'll see some of you "Early Birds" in VA in Late April/early May when "Jigsaw" & i will be section-hiking for 2 weeks.
    see ya'll UP the trail!

"Jaybird"

GA-ME...
    "on-the-20-year-plan"

www.trailjournals.com/Jaybird2013

Talking Couch potato

I will just counting days and stay a couch potato. I had been really busy enough not to find excuse to exercise.

Hope to see most of you on the trail next year especially Whiteblaze Gatherings.

Flash Hand

Journal Entries
    Images

Hey good news it seems on the weather front - a milder winter is projected and I saw it may be a bit drier too in the northern Georgia /Smokies also. Looks good for an early March start (for me, that is).

Hiking Blog

Journal Entries
    Images

It's always snowy in Boston!

At least it does look milder down south. Drier in the interior. But wetter than normal weather along the coast.

Hiking Blog

Hey Jaybird, thanks for the link, that timeleft thing is awesome.

Addicted Hiker and Donating Member Hammock Hanger's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Bunyan View Post
    Hey Jaybird, thanks for the link, that timeleft thing is awesome.

I've had mine running since you shared the link. 5mos-22 days-14 hrs-44 min-19 seconds..... Not that I'm really counting.
    Hammock Hanger -- Life is my journey and I'm surely not rushing to the "summit"...:D

http://www.gcast.com/u/hammockhanger/main

Nothing like setting yourself up for a disappointing failure. Except maybe ensuring your hike is an experiment in fantasy. . .

have all money and gear for 07 start. need only to find out my tax debt and payment plan. must continue to save and work hard. must pray. asking for prayers. love ,matthewski.
    matthewski

Images

hang in there matthewski, save like a madman, you'll make it.

for me, it's the pct in 188 days.
    "The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive." -TJ

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hammock Hanger View Post
    Is there a list of 2007 Hikers and their projected start dates anywhere??
    Hey Hammock Hanger,

I started a poll in Class of 2007 forum that allows us to choose the 2 week period we'll be starting. You can click on the # and see who is in your group. Thought this would be the closest thing to a list.
    The Most Important Things In Life Are Not Things....

Journal Entries
    Images

I decided to post here - as this should be my 400th post. (Yikes! And hurray too.)

Hiking Blog

one more step. received offer in compromise forms from irs. it seems i may be able to arrange a payment plan i can hike with. scared and scared. hug me wonder.pray for me guys. 15 weeks and counting.call me panzer i need to download. good luck to all.
    matthewski

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++