WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Rutland Hostel

I also had a pleasant overnight there last year on my thru hike. I did work for stay and was out of there in the morning. It was nice to stay in a clean hostel with a very clean bathroom. I ate in their cafe in the evening and had great food. I have also eaten in their cafe in Lancaster NH. I had an interesting talk with the couple that was running the hostel. Myself and a few other hikers asked them questions, just curious but I was not going to join or stay. They did not preach or seemingly try to influence us. Mostly
    just friendly and answered questions.

Sleeveless '05

Images

Quote Originally Posted by davidderush View Post
    Wolf, thanks for telling us the source of your bitterness.

Essentially, your friend fell in love with the One we fell in love with...and with the life we share with one another...and left you behind.

That's a hard thing to swallow, for sure. But why don't you just accept it for what it is? She found a life with us that she loves more than the life she had with you.

If she had found such a life she loved more, with another man rather than with a group of people...would you be on such a crusade against him?

I don't know who this woman is, who used to be with you, and is now here with us....but she is here because she has chosen to be here. And to be in our life is a very good thing...for me, it has been like coming into light after living in the darkness. I am happy for your friend.

It would be nice if you could see the value in the choice she has made; and that is what it comes down to, Wolf...she made a choice, and continues to make that choice daily to be with us. You should respect that, if you truly respect her.

Sincerely,
    David
    i am planning on visiting the community in chattanooga,i remember the yellow daisy resturant here in nsahville back in the 70,s,i think what you people are doing is wonderful,i really enjoyed my stay in rutland a few weeks ago,thanks again neo
    Last edited by neo; 10-13-2006 at 05:46.

Wolf, thanks for telling us the source of your bitterness.

Essentially, your friend fell in love with the One we fell in love with...and with the life we share with one another...and left you behind.

That's a hard thing to swallow, for sure. But why don't you just accept it for what it is? She found a life with us that she loves more than the life she had with you.

If she had found such a life she loved more, with another man rather than with a group of people...would you be on such a crusade against him?

I don't know who this woman is, who used to be with you, and is now here with us....but she is here because she has chosen to be here. And to be in our life is a very good thing...for me, it has been like coming into light after living in the darkness. I am happy for your friend.

It would be nice if you could see the value in the choice she has made; and that is what it comes down to, Wolf...she made a choice, and continues to make that choice daily to be with us. You should respect that, if you truly respect her.

Sincerely,
    David
    David,

You are right; it is a hard thing to swallow. It's tough when Groups of so call “God Loving People” such as the 12 Tribes whom preach so much about love and happiness, would tell one of it own members who she should associate with.

To answer your question “If she had found such a life she loved more, with another man rather than with a group of people...would you be on such a crusade against him?” I’m not sure I’m following you. Most of my female friends that have gotten married, I still keep in touch, some of my friends even had children. Sometimes we’ll get together and go out for dinner or talk on the phone, etc. Their husbands know me and are fine with it. It’s something called trust. Their husbands trust their wife and me not to violate their marriage vows. It a beautiful thing!

Just a thought, but maybe the 12-Trible should learn to Trust their women partner instead of treat them like a child. Just a thought.

Wolf

Essentially, your friend fell in love with the One...
    Aha! Now I understand why Neo likes this group. They worship Him.

Did that other thread breed with the Devil and spawn this one?

If anyone has any real questions about the hostel in Rutland and the people that run it, please send me a pm or an email. I just don't want this stuff to fly at us defenselessly. I will be happy to talk to anyone about the twelve tribes with complete honesty. I have been here over ten years now.... I have no misconceptions about it, and I certainly have nothing to gain by misrepresenting what we're all about. The last thing I want living in my community's house is someone who is in the dark about what we're really like and what we really live for. I'm glad Israel isn't here with us, because if he hates our thing that much, I would never want him in my house. I'd much rather him be happy doing what he's doing. The same goes for those others who slam us all the time. Just ask if you have any questions or concerns.
    James

Images

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf - 23000 View Post
    Just a thought, but maybe the 12-Trible should learn to Trust their women partner instead of treat them like a child. Just a thought.
    Would that good thought apply both ways?

RainMan
    [I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    Would that good thought apply both ways?

RainMan
    RainMan,

Of Course it applies both ways. To me, any type of relationship weather it is a friendship, marriage, boy/girlfriend should always be base on trusting one another. If someone needs to tell their partner who they can associate with, what their place is (or as the twelve tribes put it; “their roles”), it no longer a partnership; it becomes a dictatorship instead. It is one of the reasons why I will speak out against the twelve tribes.

A woman purpose in life is not to do what the tribe demeans as, “woman chores”, cleaning, cooking, doing the laundry, etc. Men and women are equal. It something the twelve tribes can not understand, which is why all their leadership is male. I think it important for hikers or anyone else who stays with them to know what they are supporting.

James, you can B.S. someone into thinking the twelve tribes is about love and happiness in your pm messages, but I think it just shows how much your afraid hikers are going to learn the truth about the place. Both myself and Israel have experience what the twelve tribes stood for behinds the lies, and we’ll call B.S. when we see it.

Wolf

Images

Thumbs up

the rutland community is awesome,i think the people there are wonderful
    neo

Musta notta gotta lotta sleep last night. Heater's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by James Case View Post
    If anyone has any real questions about the hostel in Rutland and the people that run it, please send me a pm or an email. I just don't want this stuff to fly at us defenselessly. I will be happy to talk to anyone about the twelve tribes with complete honesty.
    Then, why not just answer the questions with complete honesty here rather than in a P.M. or email?

Just wondering...

Quote Originally Posted by Austexs View Post
    Then, why not just answer the questions with complete honesty here rather than in a P.M. or email?

Just wondering...
    I'm happy to do that, too, Austexs. I have nothing to hide and I don't think any of the rest of us do either.
    James

Images

David,

You are right; it is a hard thing to swallow. It's tough when Groups of so call “God Loving People” such as the 12 Tribes whom preach so much about love and happiness, would tell one of it own members who she should associate with.

To answer your question “If she had found such a life she loved more, with another man rather than with a group of people...would you be on such a crusade against him?” I’m not sure I’m following you. Most of my female friends that have gotten married, I still keep in touch, some of my friends even had children. Sometimes we’ll get together and go out for dinner or talk on the phone, etc. Their husbands know me and are fine with it. It’s something called trust. Their husbands trust their wife and me not to violate their marriage vows. It a beautiful thing!

Wolf

maybe you should get another girl friend a get over it,12 years of going around with hostile feelings is no good,i think your lady friend is in a great place in heart and soul,she would not be there unless she wanted to be
    i myself want to get to know these wonderful people.i dont believe they are a harmful cult,they sound pretty biblical to me,i think they are heading in the right direction,the straight and narrow path and few find it neo

Images

Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    maybe you should get another girl friend a get over it,12 years of going around with hostile feelings is no good,i think your lady friend is in a great place in heart and soul,she would not be there unless she wanted to be
    i myself want to get to know these wonderful people.i dont believe they are a harmful cult,they sound pretty biblical to me,i think they are heading in the right direction,the straight and narrow path and few find it neo
    Quote Originally Posted by James Case View Post
    I'm happy to do that, too, Austexs. I have nothing to hide and I don't think any of the rest of us do either.
    James
    OK.

Neo said:
    "i myself want to get to know these wonderful people.i dont believe they are a harmful cult,they sound pretty biblical to me,i think they are heading in the right direction,the straight and narrow path and few find it neo"

--

Neo has has expressed his interest in joining your community.
    Would there ever be a circumstance in which him and his wife or loved ones would be mandatarily seperated from each other?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Austexs View Post
    OK.

Neo said:
    "i myself want to get to know these wonderful people.i dont believe they are a harmful cult,they sound pretty biblical to me,i think they are heading in the right direction,the straight and narrow path and few find it neo"

--

Neo has has expressed his interest in joining your community.
    Would there ever be a circumstance in which him and his wife or loved ones would be mandatarily seperated from each other?
    i did not say i want to join anything,i just want to visit someday neo

Images

i did not say i want to join anything,i just want to visit someday neo
    OK. Sorry 'bout that Neo.

We'll just change it to "Austexs" has expressed an interest in joining the community.... etc...

Neo,

Would you feel the same when they tell you who you should associate with and who not too? Look around you, do your friends mean that little to you? What about becoming a member? Are you prepared to give up all your positions to give to their cause? If you believe in them that strong they are good people, why not? Have you ever heard the saying, “Don’t judge a book by it is cover”? This is why?

People who get suck into cults like the 12-tribes are not dumb, gullible people. They are sucked in by people that appear like general kind people. Once their in, is when they can do their brainwashing. I’ve visit the 12-tribes several time. I never said they were unfriendly while I was there.

To set the record straight, my friend was never my girl friend. We never dated, or did anything as a “couple”. We were just real good friends. Second, I knew my friend for 8 years prior to her joining the 12-tribes, 4 years as a member. I visit her several times. She hit a low point in her life before becoming a member.

Wolf

Images

Neo,

Would you feel the same when they tell you who you should associate with and who not too? Look around you, do your friends mean that little to you? What about becoming a member? Are you prepared to give up all your positions to give to their cause? If you believe in them that strong they are good people, why not? Have you ever heard the saying, “Don’t judge a book by it is cover”? This is why?

People who get suck into cults like the 12-tribes are not dumb, gullible people. They are sucked in by people that appear like general kind people. Once their in, is when they can do their brainwashing. I’ve visit the 12-tribes several time. I never said they were unfriendly while I was there.

To set the record straight, my friend was never my girl friend. We never dated, or did anything as a “couple”. We were just real good friends. Second, I knew my friend for 8 years prior to her joining the 12-tribes, 4 years as a member. I visit her several times. She hit a low point in her life before becoming a member.

Wolf

how is she doing now,is she happy,are you still friends neo

how is she doing now,is she happy,are you still friends neo
    Don't know. She was told to cut all tied with me two years ago. I haven't talked or seen her since. Out of respect, on her last call to me, she told me why. The 12-tribes doesn’t believe a man and a woman should be as close of friends as us unless their married. To clarified, when I use the word friends; it means just that, not things a couple would do.

The 12-tribe believes is a man has his roll and a woman has her under him. A woman option is not valued the same as a man.

Wolf

Images

the hostel in rutland is the best in vermont,12 tribes community are some of the nicest people i have met on my section hike neo

Images

the hostel in rutland is the best in vermont,12 tribes community are some of the nicest people i have met on my section hike neo
    the best hostel in vermont neo

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++