WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thumbs up Damascus - The "Ole Barn"

A new business, the "Ole Barn" is a bike sales, rentals and shuttler for the Creeper Trail BUT they also have a kick ass deli and ice cream shop. A good size menu to choose from. I highly recommend the peach pie ice cream! Ron & Debbie Reed, the former owners of Quincey's Pizza are the owner/operaters. They are extremely hiker friendly and will provide hiker shuttles. Call toll free for shuttle rates @ 1-866-475-5727. The "Ole Barn" is right on the Creeper Trail as you hike north out of town across from Dot's.

Talking

Did I hear ICE CREAM??????
    The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun. --- Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)

Default New Place in Damascus

Will happily to defer to Wolf on this matter....he LIVES in Damascus, after all, so he knows what he's talking about as far as that town is concerned....just want to say that the folks who are running this new business are GREAT folks who were great friends to thru-hikers for many years. I look forward to checking out their new place, in fact I hope to do so in a few days when I pass thru town on my way South.

++ New Posts ++