WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

As for communicating, there is software that will convert text to voice and voice to text. We bought it for my mom who can no longer type due to Parkinson’s (unfortunately, she can no longer remember how to use the software due to Alzheimer’s)
    From Parkinson's to Alzheimer's, geez..... sorry..

Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dinosaurs
    GG, check out this site for info on the Bill Irwin under discussion
    All I can say is AWESOME!!. This guy overcame soooo many obstacles. Still reading...

- GG

My mom used to pray over me too. J____ C____ would you please stop that. Lord, give me strength.

J/K. Mom places JC and GD right up there with f***.

Maybe Bill is a 7th Day Adventist. He might be able to sue for religious discrimination. If he was Jewish, dinner would be Kosher, or if Muslim it would follow halal.

OK, maybe the praying is unusual, but at least they weren't beating the kid.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf
    That would be Steve Irwin with an I. You're way off.
    hahahaha

Journal Entries
    Images

Kids love Oscar Meyer bologna sammiches and hot dogs.
    i knew there was something not quite ticking right with you, that's what you ate as a child huh? oscar meyer bologna sammiches are for adults only, you grew up way too fast............

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sly
    Since this is only Bill's view, I'll wait to pass judgement, but his efforts to calm the girl during a "temper tantrum" sounds cultish to me.
    oh horsey manure..................he's got a reader on his emailer............

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dinosaurs
    Sly, my recently deceased uncle was blind enough to wall into walls in unfamiliar environs and to be unable to recognize you until you spoke or he touched you, but he could cook, do laundry, feed his beloved cats and care for his garden in his familiar environment and he was only blind for five years. After so many years without sight, I imagine Bill has developed the ability to do many things using his other senses.

As for communicating, there is software that will convert text to voice and voice to text. We bought it for my mom who can no longer type due to Parkinson’s (unfortunately, she can no longer remember how to use the software due to Alzheimer’s)
    bill can see some things like shapes, but only up close i think?

Journal Entries
    Images

Hey FD, will please come back to the Israel/Lebanon thread and answer our question.............

Quote Originally Posted by Sly
    How blind is Bill if he can pour OJ to hikers at his ministry feast in Maine and have email correspondence with the Only Wanderer?

My buddy Hickory is also legally blind and section hiked it.

Since this is only Bill's view, I'll wait to pass judgement, but his efforts to calm the girl during a "temper tantrum" sounds cultish to me.

It is Bill's duty as a citizen of the world to raise offspring and teach them values that can be passed on to other generations. Only by way of natural selection and evolution will one find which ideals are most important. Political and religious issues are passed on as well (abortion, slavery, environment, etc.). Christians reproduce more than any other religion (and more than any other voter demography, as well).

Sly, it all boils down to a simple math equation, if you don't like it then you need two offspring (preferrably women) to spread values opposite those of Bill...but that means I would have to have four, so don't bother.

Kudos to your friend Hickory, and completing his seciton hike. Are you questioning Bill's blindness because you don't think your friend is blind or did your friend do some blue blazing and now your questioning the validity of Bill's hike?

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by The Only Wanderer
    Hey FD, will please come back to the Israel/Lebanon thread and answer our question.............
    ....Done....

Images

It ain't right to force a 12 year old to be a vegan or a christian.
    Children tipically belong to the same religion as their parents, at least until they become old enough to decide for themselves.

If the parents are vegan, then I don't see any problem with the child be vegan. I don't think it would work if everyone in a household was vegan except one child.

12 year old children can't make these decisions for themselves. When you are only 12 years old your parents make religion and dietary decisions for you. That's what it means to be a parent.

When they grow up let them do whatever they want. But at 12 your under your parents control.

Panzer

Translation: the fast track to becoming a looser parent is to not instill values in them nor provide direction in thier lifes. You can ignore your kids as long as you say let them make thier own choices. Besides its politically correct and you don't have to be bothered by a 12 year old bitch.

disclaimer, so I don't have to rebuttle later down the thread- Mrs. cannonball have 2 adopted children plus another child who is special needs.
    My guns are not as dangerous as Ted Kennedy's car

Musta notta gotta lotta sleep last night. Heater's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGoose
    Bill Erwin?...Hmmmm...Is'nt he the guy over in Ozzyland who say's "Crikey, what a NAUGHTY little snake!" and "danger!!! danger!!!" a lot?.
    Hey, hey hey now.... waitaminuite...

No joking around on serious issues allowed here, buddy!

Somebody might take it wrong and get their skivvies ah...hawl in a twist.

LOL!
    ~~^^^~~^^~^^^~~~^^^^^~^~
    Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it.

Since there are a lot of therapies out there that are quite controversial for troubled kids (rebirthing to name one) , it doesn't make sense that people would get ticked off about a little praying.
    Praying over someone is cultish ? I've had patients ask to be prayed over/prayed with from a multitude of religions and also ones that weren't religious at all. Does this mean they were cult members?
    I am now ticked to find out my parents were violating my rights by making me eat lima beans and drink my milk. Also , they didn't let me play in traffic. I think I'll sue.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by corentin
    I am now ticked to find out my parents were violating my rights by making me eat lima beans and drink my milk.
    i agree with the spirit of your post, but vegans don't drink milk.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by the goat
    i agree with the spirit of your post, but vegans don't drink milk.
    ..or eat honey.... or use yeast, wear leather etc...

I was one. I was hardcore.
    ~~^^^~~^^~^^^~~~^^^^^~^~

I'm unique, just like everyone else........ One Leg's Avatar
    Images

Having spent a weekend with Bill & Debra Irwin in July 2004, I can share a couple of things with you:

A: He does have a reader on his home computer. He powers up his computer, pulls up his email, and the reader goes to town at a rate of some 200 words per minute. I don't see how he keeps up with it, it's amazing.

B: He attends a non-denominational-type church that's Charasmatic/Penticostal in their style of worship.

I don't see how the state could place the child, then yank her away. It would seem to me that the one thing a system child needs more than anything else is stability. And to place a child, then take her back exhibits nothing but instability.

The Irwins are good people, albeit a little different from myself with regard to diet. (I grabbed a burger when we went into town.)

-Scott
    Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way, you're a mile away, and you've got his shoes.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Austexs
    ..or eat honey.... or use yeast, wear leather etc...

I was one. I was hardcore.
    OK, I'll bite. Why would using yeast be a problem? We're worried about microbes or something?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Two Speed
    OK, I'll bite. Why would using yeast be a problem? We're worried about microbes or something?
    I was never that hardcore but, yes... some do.
    ~~^^^~~^^~^^^~~~^^^^^~^~

Originally Posted by L. Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by cannonball
    Translation: the fast track to becoming a looser parent is to not instill values in them nor provide direction in thier lifes. You can ignore your kids as long as you say let them make thier own choices. Besides its politically correct and you don't have to be bothered by a 12 year old bitch.
    Lone Wolf politically correct? Now that's funny! I think the key word LW used is force.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++