WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

You didn't make 1SG without some smarts. Take care of yourself and good luck. Hurry home (via Baghdad, of course!). Thanks.

Give 'em Hell Sarge, and get back home safe & sound ASAP. I''ll be keepin ya in my thoughts & prayers.

Jeffrey Hunter

aka Little Bear

Knowing that our military has folks like Sgt. Rock in it makes me sleep a little easier at night. To Dixie, Rock, and anyone else with people involved in this Operation, know that you are in the thoughts and prayers of many, including me and my family. Be safe, be strong and come home ready to hit the trails with a much lighter pack.

God bless you Sgt. Rock. I wish I were going with you, but since I cannot, you will be in my thoughts and prayers every day, as will all of our troops. I will be doing every thing I can to support you and everyone that is over there. See you soon!
    John Carnahan
    [email protected]

Images

I wish it all to end quickly, and for you, and for every other soldier out there, to get back home safely and quickly.
    Hope to see you back on the site soon, SGT!
    Amtrak, From Israel
    AT GA->ME 02

I'm just echoing all of the above sentiments; God bless and you and your family, as well as all of the troops and their families, are very much in my thoughts and prayers.
    mini-m.

Thanks everyone for your kind posts here. I just wanted to give a short update on SGT Rock for you.

He called me this morning from a layover in Spain. Apparently there have been some delays, but I'm guessing by now he's on the ground at whatever his destination was and preparing to start his mission. He sounded great! Much better than the tired man that I dropped off for this flight, so I'm guessing he got some sleep.

I too hope and pray that this is all over quickly and he's returned home to me safely.

dixi

Just wanted to pop in and bring this thread back up to the top and once again extend my best wishes to Dixie, Rock and everyone else that has friends and family representing our country in Iraq. The men and women over there have simply been amazing in dealing with some brutal conditions. It was great to see some of the celebrations in Baghdad today. Hopefully things will wind down quickly from here and everyone can start coming home as soon as possible.

2005 Camino de santiago

Talking

Hmmmm..............What unit is Sgt Rock with???

Fox Cable news has shown a few scenes of GIs loading a flatbed truck with large metal cannisters filled with what appears to be used $100 bills. The commentator ascertained as there might be as much as $650,000,000 worth of our currency there. They even showed one of the GIs fanning a thick bundle of those greenbacks and I immediately wondered if Our Sgt. Rock was one of the soldiers that found the money. I sure hope so!!!!

GA-ME 02 Kilted Hiker Trail Yeti's Avatar
    Images

Rock is with the 4th ID (infantry Division)...I think, I am sure Dixie will correct me if I'm wrong.
    "Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit"- Ed Abbey

Actually I believe he is in the 2d ACR from Fort Polk. As I understand it from watching the news, the 2d ACR is in Baghdad.

Originally posted by ABN-Sapper
    Actually I believe he is in the 2d ACR from Fort Polk. As I understand it from watching the news, the 2d ACR is in Baghdad.
    Yes he is on both counts.

And I got a phone call from him this past Saturday too. He's doing well, but missing mountains.... as well as the kids and I....lol.

2005 Camino de santiago

Dixiecritter:
    Please keep us updated on the Rock's whereabouts as you hear from him. Even though most of us have never personally met him, we have come to know him quite well through this site and the two predecessor sites which led to this one. So, we are all very interested in his whereabouts, and praying for his safe return home.

highway & all those interested.... I have been posting updates on SGT Rock's site as they come in. For those that are interested there are news updates and letters posted in the journal forum over at SGT Rock's Hiking HQ

I did get a phone call from him yesterday again. He seems to be doing well, other than missing us and the mountains... lol. Still no word on when they will return.

dixi

2005 Camino de santiago

Default Letters from The Front

Dixiecritter:

Just read SGT Rock's letters you so laboriously typed and posted for us at http://www.hikinghq.net/

That was some of the most interesting and entertaining reading I have done in some time and, I'm sure I am speaking for all who have read them, a deep, heartfelt, thank you for typing them and making them available to us.

A small box of five two-ounce packages of Barnie's coffee weighs just 12.8 ounces, just inside the 13 oz limit. Tell him to watch for it! I can't stand to see anyone doing without that essential, good morning, caffiene fix!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++