WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Do-it-yourself pepsi can stoves - $20 each. Amigi'sLastStand's Avatar
    Images

Default Florida Gathering Stays as Alexander

Ok, start up a new thread. We will stay at Alexander, Outlaws be damned!!
    You are in heaven.

Images

In-laws, too!

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Amigi'sLastStand
    Ok, start up a new thread. We will stay at Alexander, Outlaws be damned!!
    i guess that leaves me out of the picture, not that i would have made it anyway.............

Livin' life in the drive thru! hikerjohnd's Avatar
    Images

Why don't you post the details for the gathering in this thread?
    So be it.
    --John

Images

Quote Originally Posted by hikerjohnd
    Why don't you post the details for the gathering in this thread?
    Details:

Who: Us crazy Wbers
    What: Canoe/Hiking trip
    When: August 24-27, 2006
    Where: Alexander Springs, C loop -- Ocala National Forest CR 445 off SR19
    Why: Because we like to abuse ourselves by camping in August in Florida!

Actually, I stayed out on the FNST over Sat nite and if the weather stays like this, we'll be fine. It was warm but breezy. Skeeter's were horrible, but that's what DEET is for.

Sounds like we're gonna have a crowd. I cant wait!
    You are in heaven.

Frieden and Ed - World Explorer Team frieden's Avatar

My daughter messed up her dates, so she is coming in the morning of the 26th, not the 25th like she told me. Her dad got the day off, so she told me not to worry about picking her up. I feel like a worm, but she said that they are going to do a canoe day trip on Sun. at Weiki Wachi, so I'll just join them there. Out of the canoe, and into another! Anybody wanna come?
    Ed and I will still be at Alexander for Fri afternoon, Sat, and leave Sun morning.

Images

Default Fun in Florida

I would like to join you all if you will welcome a newbie! I've actually been meaning to join this site for some time, so I'm glad I finally got around to it. I'm having surgery tommorrow and will have a cast on my hand/arm for the next three weeks, but as long as I can function alright I would like to go. Never been camping in August in Florida before, so it should be interesting. Anyways, I look forward to hanging around this site !

Images

Farmer's from Largo are welcome. Good luck with your surgery!

Frieden and Ed - World Explorer Team frieden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DareN
    I would like to join you all if you will welcome a newbie! I've actually been meaning to join this site for some time, so I'm glad I finally got around to it. I'm having surgery tommorrow and will have a cast on my hand/arm for the next three weeks, but as long as I can function alright I would like to go. Never been camping in August in Florida before, so it should be interesting. Anyways, I look forward to hanging around this site !
    Of course we will welcome you! See ya there! Good luck with your surgery! Just wear a plastic bag around your hand/arm while in the canoe, and you'll be fine.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by DareN
    Come on and join us. More the merrier.
    You are in heaven.

Images

Thanks for the warm welcome! I hope to see you all there.

Images

I called Alexander and Ann said no other large gatherings were planned, or at least no one else has reserved anything. I dont have the money to reserve the sites, or know how many ppl are coming. If you have enough ppl ( 4 per site minus kids under 16 ) and you want to make sure you get campsites together, call 1877-444-6777 and reserve your sites in C loop. Even if we arent all together, it shouldnt be a big problem. Peace and looking forward.
    You are in heaven.

Images

Here's a Google Earth shot of Alex for those that have never seen in before:
    You are in heaven.

Images

Here's a Google Earth shot of Alex for those that have never seen in before:
    Now that's awesome and brings back memories. I was born in Orlando, before Mickey Mouse. My parents belonged to the YMCA and we always went camping at Alexander. I went to summer camp as a youth to Camp WeWa and they took us to Alexander to teach us skin diving. I remember at the time thinking it was really deep to the bottom where we had to dive and put on our equipment, clear out our mask and come to the surface and clear our snorkels out. I,ve seen black bear in the forest around there. One on the FL Trail and two on the highways close to there. That was in more recent times.

Images

Let's keep this thread out here. Frosty, something IS wrong with your computer. I can't send you private messages or emails.

Images

Let's keep this thread out there for all to see. How many of youse are coming?

Images

I'm uncertain right now as to whether I can make it. The doctor put a closed fist cast on my right arm and my truck is a stick shift . So unless I can borrow or trade vehicles with my brother I don't think I can make it. I'm also still in pain, but I'm sure that will be gone by next week. Anyway, if I go I'll call the ranger's number in the prior post and pay for my spot. I'll let you guys know.

Images

Someone said we were going canoeing on the Juniper Springs Run. That's where that lady got attacked/eaten by the alligator. See ya'll there next weekend. Have a good weekend and keep this thread going.

Images

Wasnt she attacked during mating season? didnt she dip her feet right into the water where the ground was rutted? Did she have any knowledge of her surroundings?
    Out of mating season, males are sane again and females are tending to hatchlings. No gator issues.

I will be there Thurs nite or Friday morning. Depends on things out of my hands.

I will alert the gatekeeper to our gathering. DO NOT PAY RIGHT AWAY unless you have four with you already. Tell the gaterperson you want to look for a site first in C loop. I cant make a sign or that's "advertising" on federal land, but I'll have them tell you where I am. That way we can share site expenses. I usually camp at 43 or 45 if I can. Its up the loop on the outside, on the left.
    You are in heaven.

Images

Wasnt she attacked during mating season? didnt she dip her feet right into the water where the ground was rutted? Did she have any knowledge of her surroundings?
    Out of mating season, males are sane again and females are tending to hatchlings. No gator issues.

I will be there Thurs nite or Friday morning. Depends on things out of my hands.

I will alert the gatekeeper to our gathering. DO NOT PAY RIGHT AWAY unless you have four with you already. Tell the gaterperson you want to look for a site first in C loop. I cant make a sign or that's "advertising" on federal land, but I'll have them tell you where I am. That way we can share site expenses. I usually camp at 43 or 45 if I can. Its up the loop on the outside, on the left.
    BE CAREFULL on the water!! Have a great trip!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++