WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default will white blaze's own tomman be oldest in 2007?

i say yes and im all in on this guy as i was with minnisota smith. this is a member who is 71 and sick with all kinds of limitations and still guts enough to try. think what folks his age would say! your too old old man! not true.! our toothy as he is known by this reporter ,(his nickname is tom mantooth, or toothy for short!) is really dedicated. were talkin like,...like,.... well like lone wolf hiking to dots dedicated. katahdin ,.... yes or no? i say ....way yes!
    matthewski

Images

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone
    i say yes and im all in on this guy as i was with minnisota smith. this is a member who is 71 and sick with all kinds of limitations and still guts enough to try. think what folks his age would say! your too old old man! not true.! our toothy as he is known by this reporter ,(his nickname is tom mantooth, or toothy for short!) is really dedicated. were talkin like,...like,.... well like lone wolf hiking to dots dedicated. katahdin ,.... yes or no? i say ....way yes!
    Well then, if he's like Lone Wolf hiking to Dots dedicated then he's got my attention.

Matthewski.....you're on it.....you kill me, but you're on it.

Although he may be the oldest next year, older people have thru-hiked and finished. Earl had the record at 79 but I think some guy beat him recently.

Quote Originally Posted by StarLyte
    Well then, if he's like Lone Wolf hiking to Dots dedicated then he's got my attention.

Matthewski.....you're on it.....you kill me, but you're on it.
    I can hit Dot's with a 3 wood from my back yard. A well struck 3 wood.

Peakbagger Extraordinaire The Solemates's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sly
    Although he may be the oldest next year, older people have thru-hiked and finished. Earl had the record at 79 but I think some guy beat him recently.
    EZ1, from near Cashiers, NC, hiked in 2004 and completed his 3rd (?) thru-hike of the trail. He was 81 at the time, beating Earl's record.
    The only thing better than mountains, is mountains where you haven't been.

amongnature.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by The Solemates
    EZ1, from near Cashiers, NC, hiked in 2004 and completed his 3rd (?) thru-hike of the trail. He was 81 at the time, beating Earl's record.
    Yeah, that's the guy. Never mind hiking the trail, just living that long is a feat .

Images

I gives me hope and encouragement when I see hikers 65 or over thru hiking the AT.
    Conquest: It is not the Mountain we conquer but Ourselves

Default me and pa bert and red b and clothspin and some others hiked up to clingmans dome wit

i forgott his name. anyone remember? he was very very cool.
    matthewski

Default sorry

his age was 81 2 or 3.
    matthewski

++ New Posts ++