WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Marta View Post
    Mark 'N Twain should finish this weekend. Beater and Fishy T should be at the SoRuck this weekend, and will finish in a couple of weeks. I made it to Springer yesterday at 3:30.

WOW...did u get a LATE start or take 7 months by stopping @ every trail town for a party?
    see ya'll UP the trail!

"Jaybird"

GA-ME...
    "on-the-20-year-plan"

www.trailjournals.com/Jaybird2013

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
    WOW...did u get a LATE start or take 7 months by stopping @ every trail town for a party?
    I'm just old and slow.

Beater and Fishy T started before me, and they're young. I don't think they missed many parties along the way...and are proud of it.
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=3277

Instagram hiking photos: five.leafed.clover

I'm just old and slow.

Beater and Fishy T started before me, and they're young. I don't think they missed many parties along the way...and are proud of it.

Indeed.
    We hitched over to Robbinsville (is there a reason why Robbinsville isn't in the companion?) yesterday due to my achilles still hurting. The three or four days off at the Ruck didn't help, so I'm looking at a week off now. My choices are hitching over to the NOC for a cheap week off, or I may try to get up to the PA Ruck, followed by Punxsutawney for Groundhog Day. (A party doesn't have to be 'along the way' to make it into my itinerary.)
    If the swelling and pain persist, I may have to head home for a month or so. I'm at around 80 zeros, what's 30 more?

Images

Howdy, pardner! Sorry to hear about the achilles problem.
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006

Howdy, pardner! Sorry to hear about the achilles problem.
    Thanks, it's got me bummed. Being so close and having to swallow my pride and not hike sucks. But to avoid permanent injury, I can't be stupid and hike on it.

Images

they made it quicker than you have
    Conquest: It is not the Mountain we conquer but Ourselves

you frickin a hole! beater you listen to matthewski right now. get your ass on the trail and think about what you did to your feet that ruggy night at noc that i allready freaked out at you about. man i cant beleive youve thrown your hiking out the window. your feet were perfectly on their way to a quick heal when you thaughtlessly abused both your feet and the rug. damm you man! get on trail and limp and bleed and suffer and think about your sillyness. dont come back if you go home. your hike hates you right now and your playing head games cause of outside influences. listen beater. im your only friend thats gonna set you straight. this is the crux,... your in no place to think or stay at pricy noc. you have left yourself with walking in pain. now get to it as its a far better thing than what you have in mind. man! i am so pissed.back! now! to the trail! fool!!!!!!!
    matthewski

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    you frickin a hole! beater you listen to matthewski right now. get your ass on the trail and think about what you did to your feet that ruggy night at noc that i allready freaked out at you about. man i cant beleive youve thrown your hiking out the window. your feet were perfectly on their way to a quick heal when you thaughtlessly abused both your feet and the rug. damm you man! get on trail and limp and bleed and suffer and think about your sillyness. dont come back if you go home. your hike hates you right now and your playing head games cause of outside influences. listen beater. im your only friend thats gonna set you straight. this is the crux,... your in no place to think or stay at pricy noc. you have left yourself with walking in pain. now get to it as its a far better thing than what you have in mind. man! i am so pissed.back! now! to the trail! fool!!!!!!!
    lol,
    Don't worry dude, finishing the trail is my first priority. But seriously, the achilles tendon is a serious deal, and screwing it now could threaten future thru-hikes. I'm giving it a week off, if it's better, I hike, if not, I give it a month or two.
    Hopefully I'll see you at the PA ruck.

Journal Entries
    Images

I don't know who he was because I can't remember his trail name but I met another Southbounder here in Damascus yesterday. He's 5'7", about 160, med-light brown hair and beard and wire rimmed glasses..........

Sorry to hear about the Achilles man, I hope it will heal so you can finish. After all this time on the trail don't let this take you down.
    Best of Luck, and say hi to fishy T for me
    Coppertop

Marta's a strong hiker Jaybird, and where does the idea come from that 7 months is a slow hike?
    My hike lasted 6 months and 18 days, and I wish it were a full 7...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jan LiteShoe View Post
    My hike lasted 6 months and 18 days, and I wish it were a full 7...
    You're very kind to stick up for me. I didn't want to quibble about the fact that he called my 6-months-and-8-day hike "seven months" and "slow." Compared to most of the SOBO whippersnappers (the ones who actually finished, that is) I was somewhat slow.

Miss Janet said it best (as she so often does): "I've never heard a hiker say they wished they'd done the Trail faster."
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006

Journal Entries
    Images

Iceman and Tundra Wookie are sitting here in the damascus library as I type this. They plan on making Springer between the 22nd and 24th of February. They began hiking south on September 7th, 2006.

Images

Default an addition

Quote Originally Posted by The Only Wanderer View Post
    Iceman and Tundra Wookie are sitting here in the damascus library as I type this. They plan on making Springer between the 22nd and 24th of February. They began hiking south on September 7th, 2006.
    I've been following these guys through their website. If you want, you can check out by clicking here. They've got some great pictures and their journal is very easy to read ~ one of the better SOBO journals I've seen this year, imo.

Images

So, anybody seen these folks?

Whisper - ~30 years old, from NC, was a tow truck driver

Combat- ~25 years old, from TX, worked construction, 1/2mexican 1/2indian, long pony tail, carried a combat knife.

Allison AKA Alpaca Superstar(not an offical trail name) - early 30s from Atlanta, was a school teacher

usually confused but never lost Fannypack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 33whiskey View Post

Combat- ~25 years old, from TX, worked construction, 1/2mexican 1/2indian, long pony tail, carried a combat knife.

Allison AKA Alpaca Superstar(not an offical trail name) - early 30s from Atlanta, was a school teacher
    Superstar was at the SoRuck, I believe this is her: http://photoserver.facilities.wfu.ed...259_large.html
    see journal here: http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=164742

Images

I never met Whisper.

I heard that Combat got off the Trail because of foot problems, but do not know this for sure. I met him on my second pass through Goreham, NH, but he never caught up with me after that.

Superstar went home from Harpers Ferry and is back at work now. She is planning to finish up on weekends and during vacations. Yes, she was at the SoRuck.
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by khaynie View Post
    I've been following these guys through their website. If you want, you can check out by clicking here. They've got some great pictures and their journal is very easy to read ~ one of the better SOBO journals I've seen this year, imo.
    they seemed like a couple of cool cats..................

I met Whisper at the hemlock grove shelter in Mass, he was talking about hopping off the trail.

Quote Originally Posted by The Only Wanderer View Post
    I don't know who he was because I can't remember his trail name but I met another Southbounder here in Damascus yesterday. He's 5'7", about 160, med-light brown hair and beard and wire rimmed glasses..........
    I think Easy Feelin' is around that area now.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
++ New Posts ++