WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: nc/tenn area

Default nc/tenn area

Two/three week hike. Either mid or late of January, or for my b-day in mid Febuary(15th). Some of the other forum members have mentioned Hotsprings to Demascus is a good two weeker. An idea. Let me know guys Im very serious about this trip, but wouldnt feel comfortable at taking it alone. Thanks, Matt

Images

I'm planning on the foothills trail during that time period, but Its not quite in the 2-3 week range. Your welcome to come along

Addicted Hiker and Donating Member Hammock Hanger's Avatar
    Images

The entire Benton MacKaye is perfect for a 3 week hike. Just around 300 miles. I have done each of the first 2 sections in one week trips. Plan on finishing the third section this spring in a week long trip. Also you might look at the GA/NC Bartram trail.
    Hammock Hanger -- Life is my journey and I'm surely not rushing to the "summit"...:D

http://www.gcast.com/u/hammockhanger/main

humunuku/hammock hanger, when are ya'll plannin your trips? Let me know! ill definately tag along if(if its cool)! I can definatly keep up! I run a 5k every morning before work, literally(yes I know its different than a 50lb pack on your back). Im in decent shape. So please give me details and time of trips. Thanks Matt

Quote Originally Posted by humunuku View Post
    I'm planning on the foothills trail during that time period, but Its not quite in the 2-3 week range. Your welcome to come along
    Time period!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammock Hanger View Post
    The entire Benton MacKaye is perfect for a 3 week hike. Just around 300 miles. I have done each of the first 2 sections in one week trips. Plan on finishing the third section this spring in a week long trip. Also you might look at the GA/NC Bartram trail.
    Time period!

I need a partner(s)

Addicted Hiker and Donating Member Hammock Hanger's Avatar
    Images

I am hiking the GET this year. I will take a short break fro it to finish up the BMT. Our hike, there are 3 of us, is planned for some time in May. I am trying to work it in either before or after The Great Southeastern HIking Festival. == Then I will head back to my GET hike.

The section we are doing is from 20-mile Ranger Station to Davenport Gap through the Smokies.

I have no problem with you joining us. I'll PM you with more details when I am more certain on dates.
    Hammock Hanger -- Life is my journey and I'm surely not rushing to the "summit"...:D

http://www.gcast.com/u/hammockhanger/main

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinman View Post
    Time period!
    I am thinking starting Sunday feb 18 might work best for me, I will be able to narrow it down better after the holidays (I may be changing jobs, so I'll have to fit it in between the two), I'll keep you updated, I have a post called foothills in feb that I plan to update on. Hope we can hook up

sure thing brother! keep me posted.

Ok, Its offical. I was able to persuade work to let me off work, and I will be in the Hot Springs area Jan29-Feb5. If any one is going too be in that area in that time frame, and wants to meet up and hike some of the trail, camp a little, hit me up. Im going alone and could always use the company. By the way Ive never seen snow before so hopefully it will be nice and white.
    We learned in sunday school who made the sun shine through...I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from

++ New Posts ++