Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SoBo PCT

Images

Quote Originally Posted by yappy View Post
    yeah for sure. there always seem to be snow in those mnts in July.

We got a snow dump recently, which has helped. However, the snow is still on the low side. No predictions until late March or early April, though, will have any accuracy.

I am getting ready to hike the Azt starting in March. I am very excited.. but HATE the leaving part. Ah well. Congrats on the new job. They can be hard to find these days. Turkey would be very interesting ! but selling the house and taking off ( on the Pct ? ) would be awesome ..

Images

I am getting ready to hike the Azt starting in March. I am very excited.. but HATE the leaving part. Ah well. Congrats on the new job. They can be hard to find these days. Turkey would be very interesting ! but selling the house and taking off ( on the Pct ? ) would be awesome ..
    Sounds like fun. March is just around the corner! You are probably aware of that...

PCT will probably be the next long trail. Colorado Trail next medium-length trail; or maybe the Nordkalottleden (or however it's spelled), if my daughter gets the fellowship to study in Finland one of these years. So many trails...

Yeah, I was lucky to get a new job in a financially healthy company. Fortunately I like work (challenges the mind, and then there's the money); I like traveling (my brief visit to Istanbul made me want to spend a lot more time in Turkey); I like doing lots of things. Sitting around doing nothing pretty much sucks, though.
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=3277

Instagram hiking photos: five.leafed.clover

Quote Originally Posted by Marta View Post
    I like traveling (my brief visit to Istanbul made me want to spend a lot more time in Turkey)
    Yeah, I thought Istanbul was awesome. If you get back to Turkey, check out Izmir.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Yeah, I thought Istanbul was awesome. If you get back to Turkey, check out Izmir.
    Thanks for the suggestion. If we go, we're planning to drive down the Aegean coast.
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006

Images

Chris thanks for the pictures you posted in '06. They were awsome. It had me thinking of going there, all day at work.

Chris, I noticed this was an old thread, rejuvinated. I noticed you were 35 yrs old back then. In todays post you're still 35. How can I do that? Did you find the fountain of youth? I would sure like to stay this age and not let my joints gat any older.

My son went to Turkey with his step-dad for two weeks. They traveled all over. When he came back he said it was someplace I have to put on my bucket list. He had a blast, although [he would of had more fun with me.]

Images

Quote Originally Posted by dmax View Post
    Chris thanks for the pictures you posted in '06. They were awsome. It had me thinking of going there, all day at work.

Chris, I noticed this was an old thread, rejuvinated. I noticed you were 35 yrs old back then. In todays post you're still 35. How can I do that? Did you find the fountain of youth? I would sure like to stay this age and not let my joints gat any older.

My son went to Turkey with his step-dad for two weeks. They traveled all over. When he came back he said it was someplace I have to put on my bucket list. He had a blast, although [he would of had more fun with me.]
    Well, the program updates old posts with the new age.

yeah, sitting around doing nothing does suck. I am bored up here and after the hike will look forward to going back to the green house. I eat too much when I am not working..haha. Turkey would be amazing . Brad is looking for gold up here and in Wa ... so we can travel ..lol. hey, ya never know ! they just found a HUGE deposit in this state.

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Just using Postholer as a reference. Of course, low snow doesn't mean no snow and there's still time left for a few serious storms.

http://postholer.com/postholer/index.php?trail=1
    In the cascades, Absolutely!

Images

yeah, sitting around doing nothing does suck.
    Thanks goodness for the internet. And Whiteblaze.

Here's hoping you strike gold....
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006

you got that right. HOORAH for white blaze.. if we strike gold I will pay for your pct hike..lol...don't hold your breathe !

Images

Deal. And if I win the lottery, I'll pay for you to come along.

(Note to self: buying lottery tickets increases chance of winning, albeit very, very slightly.)
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006

LOL... I hope you win ! cuz I would love to do that trail again..

if we strike gold I will pay for BOTH Pct and Cdt.. now that would be living..

Images

Excellent!

In the meantime, I will keep working and going with the various Plans B. And you'll do the AZT.
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006

Lol... deal !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++