WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Question HELP!! Need suggestion for music to use with my photo slide show.

I desperately need suggestions for background music to go along with my slide show presention. I have to give a speech on Monday and show pics of my hike. Come on friends give me your ideas.

Thanks,

Clay R. Farris
    Weatherman A.T.2006

Be aware that not all audiences really like the format of music with pictures. Some groups prefer having you explain the pictures. We ran into that with a couple of groups and ended up turning off the music.

The soundtrack from "the Good the Bad and the Ugly."

Hi Weatherman! Pedaler (I actually call myself Spidergirl now) here. After my bike trip last summer, I faced a similar dilema. When I gave my presentation to a group I left the music off and explained each picture. However, in my slideshow on my computer, I added music. I found the following songs worked pretty well:

Days Like This - Van Morrison
    I'm Having a Good Time - Alberta Hunter
    New World - Karla Bonoff
    Roll on Rolling Stone - Jimmy Cliff
    Alive in the World - Jackson Browne
    Moments - Pierce Pettis

Hope this is helpful!

Julie

Registered User Pacific Tortuga's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Walker View Post
    Be aware that not all audiences really like the format of music with pictures. Some groups prefer having you explain the pictures. We ran into that with a couple of groups and ended up turning off the music.
    Nature mood sounds with you talking over it or L.Wolf whistle'in dixie and Marine Corp tunes after leaving Dots

Beware of cliches! I know it's tempting, but avoid songs like "What a Wonderful World" and "Ripple."
    "I too am not a bit untamed, I too am untranslatable,
    I sound my barbaric yawp over the roofs of the world." - W. W.

obligatory website link

Images

Waltzing Matilda

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Spock View Post
    The soundtrack from "the Good the Bad and the Ugly."
    Excelent choice. That would be "The Ecstacy of Gold" by Ennio Morricone. Here is a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ3u3fTG70Q

That is one of my choices for music for putting together a slide show one day.

Others I was thinking of is Led Zepplin's "Ramble On"; Lynard Skynard "All I Can Do is Write it Down"; and Junior Brown "Freeborn Man"
    SGT Rock
    http://hikinghq.net

My 2008 Trail Journal of the BMT/AT

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide
    -----------------------------------------

NO SNIVELING

Default Takoma Ted

I use Takoma Ted's "Blue Notes between the White Blazes" as a prelude for my AT slide show.

Unconfirmed Section Hiker!!! Touch of Grey's Avatar

Mannheim Steamroller/Chip Davis Fresh Aire Series 1-8 should give you a lot to choose from and not take away from the actual show. Chip and Steamroller are better known as Christmas tunes guys who used to be studio musiocians who decided to go it alone.

In the Steamroller/Davis arena are also Impressions, Saving the Wildlife, the Day Parts series. Mannheim Steamroller

You also might consider some stuff from a European Group called Tangerine Dream. One of my favorites to listen to and they also have a video to go with the songs is Canyon Dreams.

As always your ideas may or may not flow in this same direction. Whether or not you use these choices I think most will find them soothing and interesting.

TOG

Images

Appalachian/folk music.
    nous défions

It's gonna be ok.

Ditch Medicine: wash your hands and keep your booger-pickers off your face!

Pilgrim of Serendipity

How about Enya? Or other instrumental music. If you use this, you can play it softly and talk over it if you want.

I also like the sound track for "Return to Snowy River." (Great old movie from the 80's).

Images

Enya's Watermark or Sheperd Moons album are good background music for about anything AT my age

Images

How about Walk On from Boston. I found it inspired me when I needed to make miles while hiking alone.

Look on line at different sites that have music there to listen to (Acidplanet, jukeboxlive etc...), post a message on the message board that you are looking for music to use in your project and await the CDs to arrive in the mail.

There are a Zillion artists out there with fantastic music that want to be heard, and this helps you both, and most times, you wont have to pay a penny to use the music.

Using copyrighted music is a different story (Unless the band you use the non original music from has paid for full usage and they give you full consent) music when done right can be your bestest buddy.

Default Thanks to all

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I am going with River Road By Nancy Wilson from the Elizabethtown soundtrack. I discovered making these little clips is alot of work. I prefer walking the trail instead.

Weatherman

++ New Posts ++