WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Springer to Atkins, VA

I thought it was a good read. cheers.

Author, Awol on the Appalachian Trail
    Images

Default On Kindle

"Awol on the Appalachian Trail" is now available on Amazon's Kindle. All photos and footnotes that are in the hardcopy are included in the Kindle edition; those of you who have a Kindle may know that this is not always the case.

I think its cool cuz' I drink Jager, hit on college chicks and Awol and I kick ass in a pool 'tourney for shots' in Dalton

Based on everyone's laudatory comments, I also just ordered a copy. Looking forward to reading it.

Awiol, enjoyed your book alot man, especially in the end when you talk about dream fulfillment and not regretting your decision. it was reassuring, and i'm happy to be entering the class of 2010!

Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by wilconow View Post
    Another "journal" type book by an average writer.
    And what book have you written?
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Images

Another "journal" type book by an average writer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    And what book have you written?
    Agreed Hooch.

Obviously it's strictly opinion as to what one thinks about this book or any other for that matter. That being said...it seems the general opinion of readers seem to think this is a great book, as do I. It ranks 2nd out of 424 other books about the AT. I'm just sayin...
    HABAKKUK 3:19
    Yaweh my Lord is my strength; He makes my feet like those of a deer and enables me to walk on mountain heights!

As stated above, I ordered AWOL's book. I was pleasantly surprised to see that David "AWOL" Miller autographed it. Once I started reading it, I had trouble putting it down. I rank it up with George Spearing's Dances with Marmots as one of the best thruhiker books I have read. Enjoyable, witty, educational, inspiring. Highly recommend it.

Another "journal" type book by an average writer. David Brill's As Far As The Eye Can See is the only book chronicling a thru-hike I really enjoyed

There's one in every crowd! Sure it's just an opinion but does the "average" journal make it to a second printing? Sell this many copies?

Super read! Much better written than most average journals. AWOL has the skills and vocabulary of a "professional" writer and the heart of a hiker.

That being said, he's also a really nice guy who was a pleasure to meet at Trail Days 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by lamarr View Post
    Another "journal" type book by an average writer. David Brill's As Far As The Eye Can See is the only book chronicling a thru-hike I really enjoyed

There's one in every crowd! Sure it's just an opinion but does the "average" journal make it to a second printing? Sell this many copies?

Super read! Much better written than most average journals. AWOL has the skills and vocabulary of a "professional" writer and the heart of a hiker.

That being said, he's also a really nice guy who was a pleasure to meet at Trail Days 2010.
    Sybil, is that you?!!

Your post didn't make much sense to me, until I scrolled back a page. Then I discovered your first paragraph was a quote from wilconow.

Another "journal" type book by an average writer. David Brill's As Far As The Eye Can See is the only book chronicling a thru-hike I really enjoyed.
    Roland

Default Duly Chastised!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Sybil, is that you?!!

Your post didn't make much sense to me, until I scrolled back a page. Then I discovered your first paragraph was a quote from wilconow.
    Communication skills obviously lacking! But my heart's in the right place!

Author, Awol on the Appalachian Trail
    Images

Default Updated edition of Awol on the AT

An updated edition of Awol on the AT will be published this fall by Amazon's new publication company AmazonEncore. From today's press release:

"Announced in May 2009, AmazonEncore is a program which identifies exceptional books and emerging authors ... then works with the authors to introduce or re-introduce their books to readers through marketing and distribution into multiple channels and formats."

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....ews&id=1435819

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Awol2003 View Post
    An updated edition of Awol on the AT will be published this fall by Amazon's new publication company AmazonEncore.
    Congrats, AWOL!
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

•Completed A.T. Section Hike GA to ME 1996 thru 2003 •Donating Member Skyline's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Awol2003 View Post
    An updated edition of Awol on the AT will be published this fall by Amazon's new publication company AmazonEncore. From today's press release:

"Announced in May 2009, AmazonEncore is a program which identifies exceptional books and emerging authors ... then works with the authors to introduce or re-introduce their books to readers through marketing and distribution into multiple channels and formats."

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....ews&id=1435819

AWOL:

That is quite a feather in your cap--yours is one of 10 to be chosen for Amazon's first publishing venture. Congrats!

Skyline

Images

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    That is quite a feather in your cap--yours is one of 10 to be chosen for Amazon's first publishing venture. Congrats!
    INDEED!!!!!!!!!!

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Images

Congrats AWOL!

AWOL, conrats. This is a recognition well deserved.

I just finished reading your book AWOL. I loved every sentence, great job!

Bought it, read it, still have it, may even end up reading it again. Thanks for sharing AWOL, it takes more than a hike to make a good thru book, and more than an author to make a hike interesting. Didn't get a signed copy, may have to do something about that.

HYOH, then write your own damn book, and only THEN criticize those who have.

Ranc0r

I found a quote that pretty much sums up my life so far in the epilogue " It is disturbing how tenuous our potential is due to our fervent defense of the comfortable norm"

I can't begin to explain how many adventures / different paths I could have taken in life, but didn't because of the fear of change. I think you might have inspired me AWOL!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++