Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: im new here

  1. #1
    melted cheese is god
    Join Date
    10-31-2006
    Location
    Present,Moment
    Age
    43
    Posts
    32

    Default im new here

    hello all

    cant wait to get to know all of you and read some of the wicked crazy stories there are.

    has anyone done the FT? its my playground


    much love to all
    "In the landscape of spring,
    Nothing is better or worse.
    The flowering branches grow
    Naturally, long or short."

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StillPond View Post

    has anyone done the FT?
    I have only hiked some at Eglin Air Force Base and along the Suwannee River.

    Check out my photo gallery for some pics of the FT in Eglin.

    Others here have hiked all or part of the FT. Hammock Hanger and Stumpknocker are two that come to mind.

  3. #3
    Hug a Trail volunteer StarLyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-22-2002
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    2,109
    Images
    1089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StillPond View Post
    hello all

    cant wait to get to know all of you and read some of the wicked crazy stories there are.

    has anyone done the FT? its my playground


    much love to all
    Hey there!

    I'm about to hike some of it......

    there's LOTS of Floridians on this site.......and FT thrus.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-20-2002
    Location
    Damascus, Virginia
    Age
    61
    Posts
    31,202

    Default

    I've hiked the Ocala NF portion. Some serious climbs in there! Had to do low mile days.

  5. #5
    melted cheese is god
    Join Date
    10-31-2006
    Location
    Present,Moment
    Age
    43
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Check out my photo gallery for some pics of the FT in Eglin.

    sweet bro, i really like the ocala nat for, ther is a place called juniper springs.....ahhhh, beaut.

    once i learn how to post pics ill show ya
    "In the landscape of spring,
    Nothing is better or worse.
    The flowering branches grow
    Naturally, long or short."

  6. #6
    melted cheese is god
    Join Date
    10-31-2006
    Location
    Present,Moment
    Age
    43
    Posts
    32

    Default

    I'm about to hike some of it......
    yeah alot of people are heading down. ive hiked the whole state about 40 times and not all ft. we tried to kyak jacksonville (little talbot island) to daytona, tu hahahahahaha dont try it. ive biked it several times. im really bored with palmettos, sugar sand, swamps...hey look at that palmetto....wow another palmetto

    jk
    pleasure to meet you StarLyte

    much love to all
    "In the landscape of spring,
    Nothing is better or worse.
    The flowering branches grow
    Naturally, long or short."

  7. #7
    melted cheese is god
    Join Date
    10-31-2006
    Location
    Present,Moment
    Age
    43
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf View Post
    I've hiked the Ocala NF portion. Some serious climbs in there! Had to do low mile days.



    ahhhhahah

    i hear ya . .

    though it will test you in mid august, night hike?
    "In the landscape of spring,
    Nothing is better or worse.
    The flowering branches grow
    Naturally, long or short."

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-11-2005
    Location
    Gainesville, Florida
    Age
    66
    Posts
    7,159
    Images
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf View Post
    I've hiked the Ocala NF portion. Some serious climbs in there! Had to do low mile days.
    Only seems like serious climbs if you've been drinking a lot of beer. Then it becomes serious just climbing out of your chair. There is a place on the Suwanee River called Devil's Mountain which is 100 feet above the river. Some nice springs south of there. Nice ravines around Gold Head Branch. I've seen some bears in the Ocala Nat Forest part and some wild boar and turkey, etc.. Pretty nice for FL, but, nothing like the AT. to WB. Amigi wants to hike the whole FT. Get in touch with him. Amigi's Last Stand is his trail name here AT WB.

  9. #9
    melted cheese is god
    Join Date
    10-31-2006
    Location
    Present,Moment
    Age
    43
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Blazer View Post
    Only seems like serious climbs if you've been drinking a lot of beer. Then it becomes serious just climbing out of your chair. There is a place on the Suwanee River called Devil's Mountain which is 100 feet above the river. Some nice springs south of there. Nice ravines around Gold Head Branch. I've seen some bears in the Ocala Nat Forest part and some wild boar and turkey, etc.. Pretty nice for FL, but, nothing like the AT. to WB. Amigi wants to hike the whole FT. Get in touch with him. Amigi's Last Stand is his trail name here AT WB.



    amigi you say? thnx

    devils millhopper is the most exhilirating hiking ever!

    progress park in alachua is pretty nice and not far from you, watch out for the bikers!

    got lost in san falasco ended up "hitch" hiking on 75 hee hee


    much love to all
    "In the landscape of spring,
    Nothing is better or worse.
    The flowering branches grow
    Naturally, long or short."

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-11-2005
    Location
    Gainesville, Florida
    Age
    66
    Posts
    7,159
    Images
    1

    Default

    Devil's Millhopper is a good place to train for the AT. Just walk up and down about 10 times everytime you go there. I've heard of people getting lost at Oleno and ending up on I-75 and having to use those stranded motorist boxes to be rescued. There's some nice hiking down by Inverness in the Holder Mine Wilderness.

  11. #11
    melted cheese is god
    Join Date
    10-31-2006
    Location
    Present,Moment
    Age
    43
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Blazer View Post
    Devil's Millhopper is a good place to train for the AT. Just walk up and down about 10 times everytime you go there. I've heard of people getting lost at Oleno and ending up on I-75 and having to use those stranded motorist boxes to be rescued. There's some nice hiking down by Inverness in the Holder Mine Wilderness.




    heh heh cool oleno reminds me of high springs which reminds me of bevs better burgers, do they still have that place?

    inverness is pretty



    much love
    "In the landscape of spring,
    Nothing is better or worse.
    The flowering branches grow
    Naturally, long or short."

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-11-2005
    Location
    Gainesville, Florida
    Age
    66
    Posts
    7,159
    Images
    1

    Default

    Not sure about Bev's. They have that oldtyme diner. Haven't been out that way much lately. Nice talkin' to ya. Signing off for today.

  13. #13
    Hug a Trail volunteer StarLyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-22-2002
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    2,109
    Images
    1089

    Default

    Hey Stillpond......

    I also want to bike the east coast of Florida all the way down to Key West.

    That's another thread eh?

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-11-2005
    Location
    Gainesville, Florida
    Age
    66
    Posts
    7,159
    Images
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarLyte View Post
    Hey there!

    I'm about to hike some of it......

    there's LOTS of Floridians on this site.......and FT thrus.
    Starlyte, when are you coming to FL? We'll get the Floridiots together and hike with ya.

  15. #15
    Hug a Trail volunteer StarLyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-22-2002
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    2,109
    Images
    1089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Blazer View Post
    Starlyte, when are you coming to FL? We'll get the Floridiots together and hike with ya.
    ha ha ha ha I love it.

    Oh you'll be hearing from me! I was planning on emailing a few folks on this site.

    I'm going down in December and again in February.

    I was supposed to thru-hike it but changed my mind, now I could kick myself for it.

  16. #16
    melted cheese is god
    Join Date
    10-31-2006
    Location
    Present,Moment
    Age
    43
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarLyte View Post
    Hey Stillpond......

    I also want to bike the east coast of Florida all the way down to Key West.

    That's another thread eh?


    its fun, flat and quick 20-40 days

    havent started a thread on it, do yo know of one?
    "In the landscape of spring,
    Nothing is better or worse.
    The flowering branches grow
    Naturally, long or short."

  17. #17
    melted cheese is god
    Join Date
    10-31-2006
    Location
    Present,Moment
    Age
    43
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Blazer View Post
    Not sure about Bev's. They have that oldtyme diner. Haven't been out that way much lately. Nice talkin' to ya. Signing off for today.




    peace gray
    "In the landscape of spring,
    Nothing is better or worse.
    The flowering branches grow
    Naturally, long or short."

  18. #18

    Default

    I get it, it's Halloween. You dropped the fake Zen costume and put on the Surfer Dude one.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    02-15-2005
    Location
    White Mtns
    Age
    63
    Posts
    1,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StillPond View Post
    ~~~

    has anyone done the FT? its my playground


    much love to all
    I've tramped around Richloam, Withlacoochee, Floral City, Inverness, etc. It's a very different world than northern NH; the hiking much less arduous and with fewer scenic vistas. Yet as I get older, I've learned to appreciate diversity...and the flat terrain makes me feel like I'm 20 years old again.
    Roland


  20. #20

    Default

    Welcome to WhiteBlaze StillPond !


    RAT (blue blazing hobo hiker trash from hell)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •