WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Backpacking Partner(s) Wanted!

Greetings!

I need to hook up with someone who enjoys backpacking in all seasons! My hiking buddy recently bailed out on a great trip in Wouthwest VA due to cool temperatures! Bah!! I usually try to make 4 trips a year; one each quarter. Anyone in the Raleigh-Durham area or anyone anywhere who wants a dependable partner and who enjoys backpacking in any season, then PLEASE respond or PM me and perhaps we coordinate schedules. I would like to go backpacking sometime in March in either GA, NC, TN or VA.
    Take care!

Takoda

Images

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/triadhikers/ not limited to people from the triad
    Gaiter
    homepage.mac.com/thickredhair
    web.mac.com/thickredhair/AT_Fall_07

Images

I live in near Henderson NC and love to hike. Hiked the AT in 2004.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body- but to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "Holy cow, what a ride!"

I am interested in a group in this area. I live in Northeast Raleigh. I will be laid up until spring tho as I am having foot surgery on Thursday to fix a bad bunion. I should be good to go by March or April tho. Of course I am going to Paris with my spouse in March so I best not make hiking plans then.

Keep me posted.

H2O

I'm moving to Fayetteville next month...don't have my new work schedule yet but I'll be ready for some hiking after I get settled.

It sounds like we may be able to get together a crew for the Uwharrie Trail next spring. Its great being able to mow the grass Saturday morning, then eat breakfast and still be able to drive to the trailhead by noon! I'm in Raleigh.

Section Hiking to Maine. little bear's Avatar
    Images

Im in Dunn(I-95 & I-40) I am intrested in any week long trips, weekend trips or day trips with any of you fellow Carolinians. Just let me know.
    Happy Hikes
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Default Chapel Hill

I live in Cahpel Hill and am doing the GSMNP March 9-18 if anyone wants to join.

Images

Thumbs up Fontana Dam - Davenport Gap March 9-18, 2006

Lowspark, I am interested in joining you March 9th - 18th. I think Little Bear would also be interested. Keep Little Bear and me posted.
    Take care!

Takoda

Stood less erect, and walked into the woods Flying Monkey's Avatar

I know it's outside of your area, but I'll be starting at Springer Dec 22nd. I'll be going until Jan 19th or so. With great fortune, and luck, I'll pull into damascus just as my time runs out. Would love the company at any point along the trail if you're interested.

Default NE NC Calling

I'm in OBX, planning on a Jan 2006 trip to Raven, then a February trip for shakedown - then Unicoi Gap to Fontana in an early April section - maybe 2 weeks?. If interested, lemme know.

Quote Originally Posted by Takoda View Post
    Greetings!

I need to hook up with someone who enjoys backpacking in all seasons! My hiking buddy recently bailed out on a great trip in Wouthwest VA due to cool temperatures! Bah!! I usually try to make 4 trips a year; one each quarter. Anyone in the Raleigh-Durham area or anyone anywhere who wants a dependable partner and who enjoys backpacking in any season, then PLEASE respond or PM me and perhaps we coordinate schedules. I would like to go backpacking sometime in March in either GA, NC, TN or VA.
    Im doing App trail in march too lets do it man, anyone wanna do a group

Registered User enLightened One's Avatar

I am considering doing the GA section of the AT or a 4 or 5 day section of it starting possibly mid-March or the end of March.
    Namaste

++ New Posts ++