WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Images

Default No Sniveling! Unless........

YOU SUPPORT HARDCORE AND BOB PEOPLES!
    I recieved emails from folks wanting these" NO SNIVELING STICKERS" that I made especially for our own SGT ROCK and just recieved the OK to do this !

On behalf of SGT ROCK who is in IRAQ these stickers are now available to ALL WHITEBLAZERS (and I hope all of you will support this)
    For $2.00 +.99 s/h YOU WILL GET the "NO SNIVELING" WINDOW STICKER
    2"x 8" WHITE as shown .
    I'm going to put $1 from each sale towards supporting HARDCORE next spring!

The money sent will be for FOOD,GAS,or WHATEVER BOB NEEDS for the HARDCORE PROJECT (which is immmediatly after Trail Days) .
    For those that don't know there were 143 HIKER VOLUNTEERS who did some GREAT work for the TRAIL this spring! (including Building a shelter)

These Hikers were fed ,and driven back to WHEREVER they left the Trail afterwards.That amounts to alot of $$$ I believe ALOT out of his own pocket!

These donations are to SHOW BOB how much we appriciate that!

THANKS TO SGT ROCK FOR PERMITTING US ALL TO SHARE HIS "NO SNIVELING" STICKERS FOR A GREAT CAUSE !

LETS SHOW HIM WHAT WHITEBLAZERS UNITED CAN DO!

I'll keep a list of supporters and post it just before I send the card so you all can see the results of this effort! (BOB WILL GET A COPY TOO)
    The $1 I get covers Vinyl Materials, the .99 s/h covers envelopes stamps etc (just so you know its not about me making money here)

Checks,Money Orders,Paypal, Cash (at your own risk) whatever it takes to make this happen accepted !

TO ORDER YOURS EMAIL ME

Paypal to [email protected]

send Checks etc to

Fishinfreds Signs and Designs
    315 Midland
    Royal Oak, Mi 48073

Be Sure to send YOUR Addresses & Trail Names too

In order to keep this thread going and to enlighten anyone who doesn't know about BOB and HARDCORE I am asking for you WHO DO to share some of your experiences you've had at HARDCORE or with BOB at Kincora Hostel.

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT !

PEACE!

FISHINFRED
    FISHINFRED

MY STUFF

MY STUFF ON EBAY

Images

Great idea Fred. Thanks for giving me a way to help this year since I missed getting out there with a Pulaski this spring.

Hardcore - I did it the first time in 2004. I had just got back from my first tour and it was a part of my "vacation". I got the idea to go help do some trail maintenance and heard about Bob Peoples taking folks staying at his hostel out on work trips so that is what I had plan to do as a part of that vacation - I had never heard of Hardcore before I got there. It was a great experience and I met many WhiteBlazers there like Smokymountain Steve, Trail Yeti, Jack Tarlin, Rain Man, and BooBoo just to name a few off the top of my head. We worked for two days on a relocation and had a good time at night hanging out around Kincora.

Then I went back in 2005 after I moved to Tennessee. We built a bridge, did more relocation work, and more meeting great hiking people. I shuttled Hopeful Hiker and Skittles down there for the work that year.

The basics: Sunday of Trail Days everyone involved caravans down to the work site and starts working with the Tennessee Eastmen crew until quitting time. Then they put on a good feed somewhere. The next day you go back to work and finish up whatever you started. The end of the second day there is a big feed with hikers all over at Kincora. Both times I went Jack Tarlin was the master head chef fixing food for the crews that second day. Then on Tuesday everyone gets shuttles from the guys that drove in back to the trail - lots of thru-hikers take time off to work while they are in the middle of the thru-hike. Everyone works, everyone is fed dinner, and everyone is taken care of. It is a great way to get people to try trail maintenance - it is where I got the bug.

So stop sniveling, get a sticker, and lend a hand next year. I plan to be there.
    SGT Rock
    http://hikinghq.net

My 2008 Trail Journal of the BMT/AT

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide
    -----------------------------------------

NO SNIVELING

with a case of blind faith
    Images

Just ordered mine. For years I would not have a rear window sticker on my car, of any kind. Then only the MRO sticker. Now there will be NO SNIVELING back there too.

Bob. "I love to hear him tawlk".

My new employment arrangements may just allow me to attend next year. Hope so. Carry on Mr. Fred....and Sgt. Rock & your crew!

Images

Default Its a GOOD thing!!!!

Hey Tractor
    You are #1 on the list THANKS FOR SUPPORTING THIS!

Hey Rock
    YOU'RE the one with the NO SNIVELING and YOU'RE the one who requested a STICKER of it ...which led to a few others requesting it.......which made me have this idea to do something with it.Its ALL YOU BUD ! I'm just doing a little Grunt work .........

I've got a few FREEBIE stickers to throw in for those who get in early on this OFFER so Ya'll QUIT SNIVELING and join in here and show your support for the SGT. and HARDCORE and you'll get 1.
    This is a good thing and there's alot of you out there who can explain why better than I .PLEASE DO !

Thanks again!
    Fishinfred
    FISHINFRED

MY STUFF

MY STUFF ON EBAY

Images

Come on now!

Hey Fred,

Great sticker, great cause, I ordered one.

El Sordo
    Images

Just keeping the thread going. Check your email.

I order 5. I challenge all Whiteblazers to do the same.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf View Post
    Don't let the smiley fool ya ITS TRUE! Lonewolf's 3rd on the list but #1 for ordering 5!
    Thanks for your support!!!!!!!!!

FF
    FISHINFRED

MY STUFF

MY STUFF ON EBAY

Images

What no stories? There were 143 Hikers this past spring ALONE!.What was your experience with HardCore.....

My Story will have to wait as I don't have one yet. 03-broken foot 04 -blew out a knee 05 Torn up Achilles 06-still babying the Achilles .Getting better though so I'll be there next year (even if I'm on crutches and have to help supervise)

One thing I can say ........
    Back in 04 I was laid up at Kincora for a couple days and some Maintainers from Ga. Hiked in and I got to listen to Bob and Smokestack share war stories of some Trail Maintenance experiences ....imagine .....a hurricane blows hundreds of trees down on the trail in a WILDERNESS AREA and they are out there with BOW SAWS cutting trees by hand because NO CHAINSAWS ALLOWED.......some trees larger than 36"in Dia. !!!!!
    Shoot I was a Tree Trimmer for the Power company up here in Mi.for 6 yrs. and I knew what they were talkin about ....DAMN HARD WORK!
    Also they talked of OLD equip,Bridges washed out and rebuilt (with no power tools) and such ,but anyways it was that day that I decided I wanted to help out somehow and since I wasn't able to do the physical work I started doing donation offers with my XMAS Ornaments and Stickers as a way to help in some way which I've been doing the past few yrs now.It never really amounted to much as far as the money but it WAS something and I saw in Bobs face that he appriciated the effort and that was enough for me to keep doing it .
    When a few folks emailed me wanting these NO SNIVELING STICKERS and I already knew SGT ROCK was HARDCORE ......DING ! It just popped into my head to try this ......and there you have it !

BOB deserves this and A WHOLE LOT MORE for all he does for the Hiking Community ,this is just a drop in the bucket as far as giving back compared to what ALL HE DOES!

WHOS NEXT?
    FISHINFRED

MY STUFF

MY STUFF ON EBAY

Images

You know, Bob & Pat could very well have stayed in the land of maple syrup and never ventured down to that log house near Hampton. They could very well have not built on the bunkhouse. They might very well have handled more than a few of us dirty souls the first couple of years, and attempted to maintain some of that stretch of trail where a couple of the locals didn't want any part of it going on, and said byebye to Tennessee and headed back noreast. I'm thankful they came! I'm thankful they stayed!

True though, there are others along the way that should get our assistance whenever & wherever we can provide it. t

Donating Member/AT Class of 2003 - The WET year
    Images

Doesn't look like I'll be there in '07. Worked 3 Hardcore projects with Bob so far and will truly miss it next year.

'Slogger
    The more I learn ...the more I realize I don't know.

Section Hiker Shot Gun from GA to NH Deerleg's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tractor View Post
    You know, Bob & Pat could very well have stayed in the land of maple syrup and never ventured down to that log house near Hampton. They could very well have not built on the bunkhouse...
    [/IMG]
    Never worked on one of his crews, but did meet him a couple of times on my section hikes. He was kind enough to give me a ride to my car in Erwin when I cut a hike short. On another trip I met a hiker that was walking back to New Jersey (I believe after walking all the way to Springer)..this guy had no money that I know of and had totally blown out his hiking shoes. When he got to Dennis Cove Bob saw to it he got new shoes.
    Last edited by Deerleg; 11-05-2006 at 21:50.
    Kevin

Images

Yep.............thats Bob! I bet there's hundreds more stories like this !
    Thanks for sharing that DEER LEG!
    I also hope you HARDCORE FOLKS who have participated in years past and present will help the new HIKERS get some more insight into the kind of work you have helped with out there .............

Does anyone know what is in the works for next springs HARDCORE PROJECT yet ?

FYI
    I just sent out 11 NO SNIVELING! STICKERS this morning ! Thats not bad for a start ,THANKS TO YOU WHO HAVE RESPONDED TO THIS SO FAR !

A BUNCH MORE are just sitting here waiting for a home too!

I'm heading to the north Woods to get some firewood (and maybie sneak in a day hike on the N Country Trail ) I'll be back friday but will be checkin in when I can so Keep R Goin!!!!!!! I'll ship the next batch out (hopefully there is a batch) on friday when I get back.
    I'll be here until tomorrow morning........RIGHT AFTER I VOTE OF COURSE! DON'T FORGET THAT TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PEACE AND THANKS AGAIN!

Fishinfred
    Last edited by fishinfred; 11-06-2006 at 16:57. Reason: add on
    FISHINFRED

MY STUFF

MY STUFF ON EBAY

Images

Just sent you an email for mine. Looking for the reply! BD

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Just sent you an email for mine. Looking for the reply! BD
    Reply sent THANKS BD!
    FISHINFRED

MY STUFF

MY STUFF ON EBAY

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf View Post
    Got the stickers. Check is in the mail.

Images

Thanks Lone Wolf!

What no HARDCORE stories?

Oh well.......... I guess SGT Rock was the only one here on WB who did any work............

NOT!
    C'mon this is for HARDCORE !!!!!!!

I'll keep this offer going and FYI this is the ONLY WAY to get a NO SNIVELING! So if you see one out there on a Window ,Nalgene or whatever you will know they SUPPORTED HARDCORE! Won't you?

Would really like to hear some more stories of "The Experience" and what you did and how ya felt afterwards. EASY / HARD FUN??????????

There's a bunch of NEW FOLKS in planning for next years hike and hopefully they will get some insight here and be a HARDCORE Volunteer themselves .It could be YOUR EXPERIENCE that inspires them ............

SOOOOOOoooooooo who's next..........

I'm done here with what I can do ,the rest is up to you!!!!!!!!!!!

PEACE & THANKS!
    FF
    FISHINFRED

MY STUFF

MY STUFF ON EBAY

Images

Got my stickers today FF. They look great. Thanks. BD

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Got my stickers today FF. They look great. Thanks. BD
    Glad you like them ! These are made with vinyl that will last at least 7 years ! OUTDOORS ! Not the cheap stuff that fades and peels after a year or 2 . STILL HAVE SOME FREEBIES TO GO WITH THEM .......Better hurry though as I will be busy with an upcoming project .......soon to be announced!

Thanks for the support thus far!

FF

PS
    HEY FOOTSLOGGER
    What kind of projects did you work on in the past when you did HARDCORE?
    Need your input here! THANKS!
    FISHINFRED

MY STUFF

MY STUFF ON EBAY

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++