WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Fine Lodging in Slatington PA

This isn't actually a hostel but a boarding house that also has rooms for rent at reasonable rates. It's run by ira Fine and is mentioned in the ALDHA guide. It's about 2 miles from the AT on Main Street in Slatington. A double costs $31 and a tavern, laundromat, and library are all close by. Internet access is available too and showers are $4 if you don't plan to stay overnight.

Sky Rider
    (walessp)

I stayed at Fine's in 1998 and found it an interesting and quiet place to stay. I'd recommend it highly.

I stayed at Fine's this year and have no complaints. He has a no-frills room for hikers at a much lower cost, but as it was blazing hot I took him up on a nice air-conditioned single. You can call him from the auto dealership right at the trailhead and he'll come pick you up. He also drove me around town to places that weren't within walking distance to search for Shoe-Goo. An all-around class act.

The internet available is in his private section of the house, though, so don't count on loitering there for too long.

++ New Posts ++