WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default HH sizes for 6'+

Hey all
    Just some more curiousities; I'm 6'1 180. Think I can fit in a HH BUL? I know HH state for 6' or taller etc... just wondering if anyone had any experiences being above the height limit in a shorter hammock or if it is a real necessity to go bigger when you are taller.
    I also am assuming that bigger = more room = comfier yet i know that that is not always accurate. I do enjoy hanging equip from the ridgeline and do not like to feel cramped in a smaller hammock, however, since i have never been in a HH i really cannot tell how big of a difference that one foot makes!

thanks for the imput!

geez i love this guy

Registered User hammock engineer's Avatar

I have the HH Explorer Ultralight. I think it is the model before that one. I am 6'3" and 225lbs. It fits me just fine. If I was to get another HH I would get the same model. If I were you I would go for the longer hammock. I think that it allows you to lay flatter than a shorter hammock.

I have since moved on to a homemade Speer style. Not to talk you out of a HH, but take a look at www.Speerhammocks.com . I like the top loading and not always having to be in the bugnetting. The HH are great hammocks though. I don't think you can go wrong for a complete hammock system.

I have the HH BUL, and at 5'11" I find it to almost be too short to be comfortable. The longer version is about 7oz more but worth it IMHO.

I'm 5'10" - the BULA is comfortable for me, but I wouldn't want to go any shorter...I make my homemade ones longer so they're more comfortable. If I were over 6' I'd go for the longer one.

excellent, thanks guys.

i'll be putting my order in this afternoon!

Registered User hammock engineer's Avatar

If you want to save a couple dallors and don't mind a returned or demo model, ask them for their clearance list. Sometimes they sell them for really good deals. I got mine for $100.

Musta notta gotta lotta sleep last night. Heater's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dingus Khan View Post
    excellent, thanks guys.

i'll be putting my order in this afternoon!
    When I talked to Anne Hennessy she said the feedback they have been getting is that the longer models are more comfortable for 6' foot tall and up.

I was advised that the Ultralight Explorer would be the best choice for me.

***I also got the Hex Fly option for no additional cost.***

HTH.

Quote Originally Posted by hammock engineer View Post
    If you want to save a couple dallors and don't mind a returned or demo model, ask them for their clearance list. Sometimes they sell them for really good deals. I got mine for $100.
    yeah i have already done so... demos still run at 140$... and i just missed the used one that someone had here for sale as well

2005 Camino de santiago

If by BUL you mean "Ultralight Backpacker Asym", I have an older one (2003?) and I am 6'0", 210 pounds. When I bought it i was heavier and they just beefed up the ropes for me. I am fine with the length inside. I would not be willing to pay the carrying penalty for the weight gain just for a little more room inside. All I do there is sleep anyway and there is certainly more room than I need for that

++ New Posts ++