WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

:banana What's the name of that Restaurant in Millinocket?

the relatively new one (it was pretty new in 04) that gives free breakfasts to completed thru-hikers?

Images

Lightbulb

Uh... contact the Millinocket Chamber of Commerce??? Or, Google for it? I was there that year, but ate at the Appalachian Trail Cafe, not new at all!!! LOL

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

I'll stick to the good old A T cafe. It's an old standby and the pie is great ! [of course im not opposed to occasionally trying something new in eateries, ha ha ]

Images

I believe it's the (something) In. The "In" with only one N sticks in my mind. Their scallops are only so-so, their pizza is good, and their beer is cold. Katahdin Red, mmmmm.
    Just hike.

The AT Cafe will have a new owner this year. For those who did not know the AT Lodge and AT Cafe were owned by the same people. And they sold both to Ole Man and Navi-gator. They have some good plans for the cafe. I think Almanac and I will fore go our summer hike this year to help them with the remodel. If any one in the area wants to help (or help supervise) let us know. It should be some good fun.
    Profile '00
    www.hikerhostel.com

i tried switchboard and nothing looked familiar. ill try google

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    I believe it's the (something) In. The "In" with only one N sticks in my mind. Their scallops are only so-so, their pizza is good, and their beer is cold. Katahdin Red, mmmmm.
    That's the Scootic In. Pretty cool place. Cute waitresses, too!

Just hike.

thanks, nighty!

Images

Scootic is my favorite haunt. Great Friday night crowd. Food is good and priced right. AT Cafe is my favorite breakfast place though. Millinocket is a great town and good to hear there will be some new folks known here on WB running the AT Cafe and Lodge. I'd love to see the town become a real hiker destination. A lot of thru hikers usually want to get out of Maine and get home after they summit. Would be great to see more folks hanging for a while and enjoying the area. Happy to help out the new owners of the AT Cafe and Lodge any way I can and wish them all the very best. From what I hear they got a great deal.

++ New Posts ++