WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Appalachian Trail Days - volunteer workdays

We will have several volunteer workdays before Trail Days 2007, including opening the campground a week early for people who want to put in a few hours of brush-clearing, building a bulletin board, etc.

The first workday is this coming Wednesday, November 15. We'll be clearing brush along the creek and clearing a track for emergency vehicles as we try to double the amount of camping space available.

If you can put in a few hours contact me at grs AT damascus.org (remove the spaces and replace the AT with @ )

I'll be working with a group of trustees from the local jail so some of you might want to be aware of that. Or some of you may want to see old friends who are otherwise unavailable.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Local View Post
    ...I'll be working with a group of trustees from the local jail so some of you might want to be aware of that. Or some of you may want to see old friends who are otherwise unavailable.

That's some funny stuff right there. Seriously though, thanks for all your hard work on making TD a reality.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Due to a trustee problem (two of them walked off from a nearby work detail and are still missing) there are no trustees available for the near future, so the workday is rescheduled for Nov. 22, Wednesday. If you are interested meet at the coffee shop next to Subway's in Damascus at 8 a.m.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Local View Post
    Due to a trustee problem (two of them walked off from a nearby work detail and are still missing) .

Well, if you can't trust a trustee .....

Any work details scheduled for the wek before TD? I could do that.
    I love the smell of esbit in the morning!

Yeah, the campground will be open the week before Trail Days, and if anyone wants to help do some stuff like clear some brush and maybe help construct some extra, temporary showers, welcome. We hope to buy an extra water heater and do something about the limited shower situation.

++ New Posts ++