WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Damascus Question

I am deciding my section for MArch 9-18th. Ive planned a Smokie trip but am also looking at a Possible Damscus- Atkins VA run.
    1. I know about Mt Rogers Outfitters to get me to Damascus but what about the bus? WHere should I go from RAleigh? I see Bristol, Wytheville, and MArion on the schedule. WHere should I go to get to Damascus?
    2. Also, when I get of fthe trail in Atkins, where should I get my shuttle to take me to catch another bus home, Im seeing Wytheville. Is that a good assumption?

1. Marion
    2. Marion
    Atkins is only 7 miles from Marion. Damascus is 30. I can get you from the bus in Marion and bring you back to Damascus cheaper than the outfitter.

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf View Post
    1. Marion
    2. Marion
    Atkins is only 7 miles from Marion. Damascus is 30. I can get you from the bus in Marion and bring you back to Damascus cheaper than the outfitter.
    Wow thanks. How much ya thinkin? Im seeing an arrival in Marion of 12:30 on Friday MArch 9th and departure of 10:45pm on Saturday March 17.

I'm thinkin' 20 bucks and a cup of coffee for the Friday trip. The 17th I can't help. I'll be at Springer Mtn. The motel in Atkins does shuttles (276-783-5811) as does a person named Miki (276-783-4135). PM me when the date gets closer to confirm.

++ New Posts ++