WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

GAME 2000
    Images

Default Photo's of Georgia shelters

I have just finished uploading photos for all the shelters in Georgia. If you are so inclined, go over to the photo section and check them out.

LT '79; AT '73-'14 in sections; Donating Member Kerosene's Avatar
    Images

Thanks, Youngblood. I use shelter photos along with guidebook descriptions to select stopping points during my annual section hikes. However, it seems like some thru-hikers are diligent about taking shelter pictures in Georgia but lose interest as they travel north. I'd love to see coverage of the southern/central Virginia shelters.
    GA←↕→ME: 1973 to 2014

GAME 2000
    Images

Originally posted by Kerosene
    Thanks, Youngblood. I use shelter photos along with guidebook descriptions to select stopping points during my annual section hikes. However, it seems like some thru-hikers are diligent about taking shelter pictures in Georgia but lose interest as they travel north. I'd love to see coverage of the southern/central Virginia shelters.
    The way that works is that you take a lot of pictures at the beginning, middle and end of your thru-hike. The rest of the time, you usually don't want to stop and go to the trouble of taking a picture unless it is really something special that you haven't seen/photographed before. Maybe we need to do a thru-hike and make sure we get photos of all the shelters. Or, maybe we could assign different sections to various members of this list? I'll take GA.

Images

Hmm, maybe I'm not seeing something. How do I see all the photos from just you? I did a search of the galleries and found some of yours, but I don't see a way to step through them. Any hints? Or just do I look just one at a time?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by mateozzz View Post
    Hmm, maybe I'm not seeing something. How do I see all the photos from just you? I did a search of the galleries and found some of yours, but I don't see a way to step through them. Any hints? Or just do I look just one at a time?
    Who? Youngblood?

Click on "View my Gallery" under his username.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Images

You tricked us. There's more than shelters in your gallery. (Nice pics, though.)

WB Photo Gallery is my fave place to hang out.
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

Images

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene View Post
    Thanks, Youngblood. I use shelter photos along with guidebook descriptions to select stopping points during my annual section hikes.
    I realize this thread is six years old, but it thusly illustrates the importance of dating photos posted on WB, something that is already in the WB photo guidelines at "Photorgraphy and Long Distance Hiking." (and yes, it is misspelled in the title, so beware searching)

I myself take photos of all shelters I pass, but since I have passed by in my section hikes, some new shelters have been built, some old ones torn down, and some renovated. Without dates on the photos, folks trying to do what Kerosene does might be misled.

Good journalism, and that includes photo-journalism, includes Who, What, Where, and WHEN.

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    The way that works is that you take a lot of pictures at the beginning, middle and end of your thru-hike. The rest of the time, you usually don't want to stop and go to the trouble of taking a picture unless it is really something special that you haven't seen/photographed before. Maybe we need to do a thru-hike and make sure we get photos of all the shelters. Or, maybe we could assign different sections to various members of this list? I'll take GA.
    nice pictures!

Thanks for the pictures. I'm trying to get my girlfriend to go through GA with me, and the more I can show her, the better.

++ New Posts ++