WhiteBlaze Pages 2022
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
$5 for printable PDF, AVAILABLE NOW. $9 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Question Parking in Manchester, VT and Hanover, NH

Does anyone have any information on a good place to leave a car for a week in Manchester, VT and Hanover, NH? This will be for the first week in July.
    Thanks,
    Steve

Images

Steve if its only work a week you can leave it in one of the trail head parking areas. Just make sure to let the proper people (police & NFS) know your leaving it, so they dont impound it.
    A-Town

"All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost. "
    -- JRR Tolkien

Default Parking

Near Manchester Center, I suggest parking at the Route 11/30 trailhead parking area.

In Hanover, I suggest trying to park at the Ledyard Canoe Club. It's right on the river as you cross into New Hampshire. However, prior to doing that, I would confirm with the DOC that it's OK to park there.

Images

Default Hanover Parking

The DOC web site will tell you where to park in Hanover at a campus lot. Here's the info:

# I'm section-hiking from/to Hanover. Where can I park my car?

You can park your car in A-Lot. From the Hanover Green, go east on East Wheelock Street, through the lights across NH Route 120 (when they're green, of course), then after about a quarter mile turn left where a small sign says "A-Lot". You then must call Dartmouth's Parking Operations Office at (603) 646-2204 and leave a message on their answering machine with your vehicle's make, color, plate number, where you parked (A-Lot), and the dates you expect to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by DebW
    The DOC web site will tell you where to park in Hanover at a campus lot. Here's the info:

# I'm section-hiking from/to Hanover. Where can I park my car?

You can park your car in A-Lot. From the Hanover Green, go east on East Wheelock Street, through the lights across NH Route 120 (when they're green, of course), then after about a quarter mile turn left where a small sign says "A-Lot". You then must call Dartmouth's Parking Operations Office at (603) 646-2204 and leave a message on their answering machine with your vehicle's make, color, plate number, where you parked (A-Lot), and the dates you expect to be there.
    Very cool, I didn't know about this - thanks, Deb W!
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Images

When I did this hike last July we wound up leaving one car at a Dartmouth lot. (lot A like in Deb's post) We left the Manchester car at Bromley Mtn. ski area. They are real nice people and have no problem with hikers leaving cars in their lot. It's not too far from the Rt 11/30 trailhead or you can just cheat and go straight up the ski trails to the top and catch the trail there.

++ New Posts ++